FANDOM


Characters involved:
* Kentas
* Tika
* Lexa
* John
* Netri

HYRULE FIELD

Spoof APP [5:38 AM] With the thunderous and thick clouds blocking the sun, movement across Hyrule Field has slowed dramatically. People now only travel for 'emergency' type situations given the inherit dangers that lurk in the shadows...

Which is perhaps why a certain noise or object is drawing more than a few eyeballs. The thundering of hooves can be heard crushing into the earth as a group of six horses race across it. Bound and tethered to each other in groups of two, they drag along a wagon steered by an elderly looking farmer. He sits at the front of the wagon, cracking the reins with fervour. In the back of the carriage? Food and supplies, picked from one of the largest crops available. The destination? The only place he knows where people will be: Kakariko Village.

"Come on you beasts! HYA!" The man cries, cracking the reins once more to try and get every morsel of energy and output from his well raised steeds. Their bodies exude steam in the cool night, their breath clearly visible as they breath hard to try and keep the effort up. They're loud, of that there is little doubt. Easily able to draw the attention of monsters. But given this carriage is being pulled by _six_ animals of lean muscle, it's damn fast. So fast that no monsters can actually catch it! The wheels of the wagon spin wickedly as it flies over small hills and humps.

Unfortunately, the farmer did not anticipate one thing. Sure enough he had calibrated for everything he knew of, but even the best cannot plan for something they are unaware of.

_The Yiga_.

With uncanny aim, a series of kunai knives can be seen in the sky, flickering against the torchlight that sits atop the horse drawn carriage. They zoom into one of the back wheel axels, causing small bits of damage. Given the speeds that the carriage is going at however, the damage is enough for the wheel to collapse in upon itself.

What happens next occurs in just moments. The entire back axel falls to the ground as the respective wheel spins off and away. With all the weight shifting into that direction, the entire cart rolls onto its side! The reins that hold the horses snap against the tension - the bucks running wild into the abyss with panic and fear. The farmer lets out a crying yell as he topples over with the cart. As food goes flying, the thing bucks and skids to a halt with such purpose and noise that even those in Kakariko could likely hear it! The crash is brutally savage. And then? ...all is silent.

For a good minute or so nothing happens. There is no sound; no movement. But then, through some miracle, the old farmer can be seen crawling out from the wreckage of wood and metal. With one arm he hauls himself along the ground, blood streaming down his face. "Damn... you..." He curses, glaring up at the figures who are responsible.

A troupe of Yiga stand before him in dramatic fashion. They are all wearing different sorts of outfits, with one common thread: the logo. That upside-down-eye-in-a-triangle thing is emblazoned upon each of their chests.

"You ran the gauntlet and failed, old man." A male speaks. "...and now the end has come for you. The new King appreciates your bounty of food. It will go down well with his loyal subjects." As the Yiga at the fore of the group raises her sword above her head to perform the coup de grace however, the situation changes.

For you see, someone _did_ hear the cart come down. So great and epic was its crash, that a group of Sheikah, themselves monitoring the quest, had moved in to intervene. They let loose their own ranged weapons: a series of shuriken. With expert precision they are thrown straight for the group of Yiga personnel. They catch one clean, causing her to cry out in pain and surprise.

"Sheikah!" A Yiga hisses. "Prep for combat! Lotus formation! Go!" The farmer on the ground squints to try and make out the battle as best he can. The flame-lit torch that was on his cart had now caught upon the wreckage, causing the whole thing to go up like a bonfire. Yet even with all that light, he can scarcely make out the movements that are happening in the battle before him. "Goodness me. Farore give me strength." He heaves himself onto his side, trying to keep up with what the hell is happening.

It is certainly not the farmer who is at fault though, for the Sheikah and Yiga both move at speeds that simply isn't normal. Through incredible training and strict discipline, their techniques and skills are largely without par. They zip and dash through the air, with naught but a flurry of movements seen occasionally as they pivot on the ground. Shuriken and kunai knives clash together, as do sword and sickles. Occasionally a cry of pain can be heard, as can the sound of flesh being skewered.

Over the next few minutes, the bodies start to fall. The farmer can clearly see troops from both sides falling down to the ground. As more minutes pass he rolls back onto his back, trying to keep conscious. Through the corner of his eye can see just three left: two Sheikah and one Yiga. "Come on," He cheers amidst a gurgle - coughing up some blood and gunk. "Finish it." The Yiga that is left is big. Clearly he was not one of the gerudo foundation recruits! Maybe someone from a recent batch of intakes? Regardless, he stands there holding a hammer (of all things) in his right hand, while the left hand holds nothing.

The two Sheikah remaining breath hard, eyeing the figure in front of them carefully. "All or nothing, Fox." One speaks. That one appears quite injured, with his entire left arm missing. Blood still drips from the wound, though he's used some sort of magic or potion to stop himself from bleeding out. In his right hand he wields a sword. "I never thought I'd die side by side with _you_, Hawk."

"What about side by side with a friend?" Hawk replies. Hawk himself had no weapons left, but all of his limbs were still there! Lifting his hand, he peels back his mask and discards it onto the ground to reveal his face.

Fox, using the one arm he has left, does the same. "That's a corny line that you ripped off, but you're right." Hawk punches his left fist into his right open palm in readiness, while Fox flips his sword about to signal the same.

"Come!" The Yiga commands, a snarling grin flashing across his face.

"Let's teach this loser a lesson, Mossa." The now-revealed Mossa (Fox) twirls his sword about. "Yeah. Let's, Col." The Yiga is the first to move, propelling himself forward at a blistering speed across the ground. The two Sheikah counter by charging forward themselves, Mossa with his sword wielded and Col running at full pelt.

The pair are a blur of motion across the ground as they use all their speed and energy to close in. Just before impact Mossa kicks it up a gear to streak ahead of even Col - disappearing from sight completely before re-appearing after sinking his right shoulder straight into the Yiga!

The Yiga, having completely lost Mossa in such a fast display, opens his mouth to gape widely from the strike. "Kuh--!"

The Yiga goes flying back!

As he just starts to re-gain his momentum, Col is right there to catch him, sending a roundhouse into the hammer-wielding foe. The Yiga ducks and swerves, before sending a thunderous left hook into the Sheikah that catches him square in the gut. Col sails back through the air, though manages to orientate himself just enough to land in a crouch.

While the Yiga attempts to follow-up the offensive, Mossa launches back in to interrupt. Sending a hard heel up and into the Yiga's chin from a crouched like kick, he sends the enemy sky high. And there, waiting for the Yiga at the apex of his height? Col. The Sheikah, with both of his hands raised above his head, brings them down onto the Yiga! "ORIYAAAAA!" He cries out in effort and gusto, sending the Yiga back down into the ground with a crumpling effort. Col lands next to Mossa, the pair of Sheikah panting after their combination of strikes came off. And yet despite such a spiritied effort, The Yiga slowly gets to his feet.

"This guy isn't normal." Col mutters under his breath, just in time for the Yiga to press on to attack!

The exchange then continues for several more rounds, each one ending with either side getting hits and successive strikes. Eventually the farmer, who is watching everything, lapses out of consciousness.

Everything becomes dark... His pain abates...

... "Kuh--!" The old man's eyes snap open as he regains consciousness. The fire is that had caught the cart wreckage is now mostly gone, with only small flames providing a light similar to that of a campfire. Furthermore, the man is now propped up (much to his own surprise) against a rock. As his blue eyes try to dissect his surroundings, they come across the large Yiga. The behemoth figure lays on his side, with the sword that Mossa wielded skewered straight through his neck.

As his gaze wanders, it comes across the two Sheikah. Col is seated there, quite damaged and bruised. In his lap is the body of Mossa, eyes closed. Col sort of cradles him in despair, before glancing up at the old farmer.

"...these are dangerous and strange times." Col speaks, the air and character sucked from his voice. "...fighting creatures of shadow and demons from nightmares. Where only hope can light the way, is there truly a future for us? What hope do we have against such evil?"

The farmer just sort of looks at the Sheikah in stunned silence, noting his wounds have been dressed. He says nothing. What could he say? Col falls back into silence, cradling his fallen friend and burying himself deep in his own thoughts. As the fire begins to spurt and gurgle upon running out of fuel to burn through, the sound of horses can be heard approaching. Coming from a nearby village after being signalled from Col, a group of four horseman canter into the scene. "Darius," The leader commands. "Let's get these poor souls back to a warm hearth with some soup."

The rescue operation is brief and quiet, as all ops in Hyrule Field must be. The surviving sheikah is loaded up onto horseback, along with the old farmer and whatever food and supplies that survived. All in all it only takes minutes, with the horsemen disappearing from the scene just as the fire from the wreckage goes out.

KAKARIKO VILLAGE

Kentas [2:00 PM] Before Kentas could take a step up the staircase an uproar could be heard outside, Kentas immediately called up to his fairy, "Radella we need to go!" As he rushed pass the kitchen he swiftly grasped the handle of the scythe and carried it against his back as he zoomed out the house bumping past Tika accidentally.

He gasped and bowed before looking about, "Sorry! I heard a commotion! What Happened?!" He asked with a worried expression as he stayed alert, his little Kokiri eyes darting around the village as it still filled with fairy lights and dust.

He saw a few groups gaze towards Hyrule field, murmuring amongst themselves before pointing in the direction and then to their ears, _was there some sort of noise that startled them from Hyrule fields?_

He gazed back to Tika, gazing at her intensely as he waited for any information she could give him. Radella caught up to him and hovered over his shoulder, she seemed panicked at Kentas. "W-what is going on?!" She shrieked at her boyish companion.


Tika APP [5:48 PM] Tika didn't even feel when Kentas bumped into her, so distraught was she over the missing Netri. Only coming to her senses when Kentas spoke out to her. "Wha..?" She looked out into the direction of Hyrule field. "I.. I don't know... come Kokiri boy."

Shes started running towards the gate and beckoned him to follow. She really hoped she would find the little girl.

Kentas [8:54 PM] Kentas followed swiftly as his small boots kicked up blades of grass, his presence stuck to the shadow of Tika as they weaved their way towards the growing crowd that stood around the tall gate shielding Kakariko from the fields below.

More mumblings and groans as both Hylian and Fairy gathered around in perplexing manners, their eyes trying to make out anything past the towering cliffs that surrounded the village. Nothing thought what sounded like the echoes of blades clashing and people giving out their feirce warcrys echoed in Kentas' ears, his astute hearing could certainly tell that something was going on, but he couldn't really hear anything other than shouts and metal scraping off each other.

His ear twitched before Radella gave them a good ol' tug, "OI! _EARTH TO KENTAS!_ What is going on?! You are spacing out on us here.." she groaned a reddish tone, still left out of the loop. The small Kokiri rubbed his ear before gazing to Tika once more, he heaved the scythe resting behind him upwards slightly, as the newfound weight pressed against his tunic. "Hey Tika.. what is wrong? You seem down. Is it this commotion?" He gave out a concerned sigh as he stepped closer to her, the crowd almost tightening in as more people barge their way closer to make sense of it all. (edited)

Tika APP [10:37 AM] Tika weaved through the gathering crowd, trying to get to the gate, her only thought, finding the girl in one piece.

She quickened her pace, not so gently nudging hylian and fairy out of her way. The sounds of battle gave her pause near the gate. It couldn't be Netri, the sounds of shouting and warcries were much to masculine to be from a little girl. Losing her composure once more, she held on to the man in front of her to keep balance.

Hearing Kentas' question, she answered weakly. "I.. It's Netri... she's gone.. she's run off somewhere and i can't find her.."

Lexa APP [10:39 AM] One of the fairies Tika pushed away was none other than Lexa. Quite upset at the girl's impolite behaviour she fluttered behind the duo, landing on Kentas' cap when they came to a stop.

"Who's your rude friend Kenta-lentas?"

Kentas [2:30 PM] Kentas merely shifted his pupils the highest the would go to peer up as a tiny weight hugged his cap, "Oh she is just having a hard time right now, please forgive her! This is Tika, and Tika this fairy on my head is Lexa?" He guessed by the voice and the light coming from his hat, Radella then zoomed in front of Lexa before giving her more details in a sympathetic way.

"She is the carer of the Village elder and a little girl named Netri, seems like Netri has disappeared on her. I hope you can understand!" She pleaded to her new friend before turning to Tika, "We will look for her! If she isn't near the village then she could have already met other people to travel with! Do you know where Lude has disappeared to? Maybe she went with him?" She tried saying reassuringly to Tika as she glowed a soft yellow.

Kentas took a proud step forward before knodding gently enough to not shake Lexa, a smirk brimmed on his face, "Of course we will go look for her! Though she is a crafty little knight, she should be fine!"

Kentas gazed upward once more directing his speech to his little passenger, "Hey Lexa. When everything has calmed down here in the village, I want you to take everyone back to the fountain, these are still dangerous times and I would hate to have anything bad happen to you, your friends or _Great Fairy Sayah._" His amber eyes fixated on the mountain as the village stood in its intense shadow. The dark clouds glowed a faint red as they passed over the active crater.

Feeling confident Kentas slipped through the crowd before planting his scythe into the ground in front the gate as he scaled it's metal bars and gazed to the crowd, "People of Kakariko, I will go and check out the commotion, though I am not against any volunteers! Does anyone wish to aid my search?" He shouted in a small yet powerful voice before giving the people a cheeky grin.

Kakariko Refugee\'s APP [4:56 PM] The crowd gazed around, an awkward silence collected after Kentas' question, the grumbles and coughs of those gathered certainly spoke louder than the crickets that could be heard in the grass, adding to this voiceless crowd.

One soldier spoke up from the crowd, maybe it was Ganondorf's Goonie from earlier but the people were certainly hesitant to help god knows what in the fields. _And what if they left?_ Would Ganondorf send a Helmaroc King with an army of Kargaroks after any stragglers that would wandered aimlessly in the darkness?

They were all thinking it as many steps were made, pulling the crowd away from the gate, Kentas' eyes dim and he leaps down from the gate before lifting his scythe from the ground, a chunk off earth falling off as he holds it high above him.

"Very well! I understand. I hope you all look after each other then and keep safe now! I will be back soon~" He tried to sound chipper and reassuring to the crowd as he lights a torch and passes throughh the large metal gates leading out of the village.

John APP [7:19 AM] _(OOC: I was going to refrain from joining since I tend to turn out poses at a slower rate than most around here, but since nobody else appears to be biting...I'll try to throw John in when I can.)_

Kentas [11:53 AM] (OOC: No worries! I had just realized that it had been a while and wanted to try and get it moving! :simple_smile: )

John APP [7:07 PM] "Hold up." John makes his way out of the crowd. "You helped me out, it's only fair I return the favor as much as I can." Scruvo gives John a dubious look. "Sure y'don't need t'be gettin' aftah th'wizzrobe? 'E's a fair slog away now, I kin tell ya that." John sighs. "As much as I'd like to, conditions aren't good for chasing him. We'd be dodging monsters the whole way and wouldn't be able to do much if we _did_ catch him. I think the problem this land is facing has to be dealt with first." John trudges up beside Kentas. "...You're not as young as you look, are you?" e.ea

Kentas [7:48 PM] With a cheeky grin he taps his nose and gazes up at John, "Nope. It's a _beauty secret_! Us Kokiri have to look good and youthful!" He teased before gazing down the stairs, the torch beaming down them as the darkness did its best to swallow any light.

He looked back briefly, "We just need to find the commotion and possibly a little girl and we are all good, a small trip and you can get back to wizzrobe hunting!" Kentas said reassuringly as his small boot pressed into the stone step.

Radella fluttered around Kentas and watched Scrivo curiously, her small voice rang out, "I don't like this. This dark magic is very sinister, who knows what we could be walking into!"

Tika APP [12:04 AM] Coming to her senses finally, Tika watched as the Kokiri boy and the man with the guay talked. She remembered him as being the man that spent the night at miss Sayah's house. He hunted a Wizzrobe.

She didn't get his name however.

She pushed closer to the gate and stared at the two as they began their descent down the stairs.

Tika was not a fighter, she would not be of any use at all, in fact she probably would put them at a disadvantage.

She decided she would wish them luck and pray for their safety as she waved at them.

John APP [1:31 PM] John shifts his jaw slightly. "...Kokiri, huh?" Yeah, John's not from around here, in case we haven't mentioned it before. Scruvo's sharp eye spots a movement off to the side. "Oi, Johnny-boy, looks like you've got a lady well-wishah!" :} Scruvo waves a wing enthusiastically. "Nevah fear, lass, Johnny-boy'll defend y'home an' be back in time f'suppah!" ^.^ John wishes he could apologize for Scruvo's behavior without shouting. -.-; He settles for raising a hand in simple acknowledgment to Tika before moving onward.

"I think I'd better go first," John remarks as they descend the steps to the field. "I hope I'm not misjudging you again, but it seems to me I'd have a better chance of withstanding a sudden attack." John draws his sword and walks out in front. "Scruvo, mind giving us a bird's-eye view?" "Right y'are, Johnny-boy," Scruvo says, taking off and scouting the area from above.

Kentas [5:15 AM] Kentas pouted and puffed out his cheeks, he knew this John character would be a reliable fighter, but his unintentional condescending tone really made him feel belittled in his skill.

Gripping tightly to the handle of the scythe, it shifted away from his back, shining brightly with the glow of the torch, "I appreciate your concern, but I can handle myself! We will take turns and watch each others backs ok?" He sounded a little harsh, but his feelings had been hurt and Kentas felt the need to reclaim some kind of respect.

Radella could sense the tension, but knew what John implied as she fluttered between the two, "Well Tika waved us off! Let us confront the commotion!" She implied as the four disappeared down the stairs, the flame growing fainter further down.

(ooc: can take this to Hyrule Fields now! :smirk: )

HYRULE FIELD

John APP [7:36 PM] John sighs inwardly. -.-; There are two scenarios which could've easily produced Kentas's reaction: he's a midget with defensive combat skills at least as good as John's, or he's a child with the typical naive battle-lust and self-confidence of a developing boy. Both of those scenarios would make him offended if John tried to protect him, one of them would make him dead if John didn't. Considering Kentas survived the earlier expedition after Dorjan, the first scenario might actually be the more likely...but avoiding offense is a small gain for the gamble of risking his life.

Well, in all likelihood John will find out the reality pretty soon. He walks down to the bottom of the steps, sword held ready, and looks around to assess the situation...

Kentas [6:10 AM] Though the group moved ahead in the fields Kentas stayed alert from his few trips through the fields, danger was everywhere now, and he felt the need to ready his scythe in his free hand the torch still firmly gripped in the other small hand of his, the craftsmanship of Torgem felt outstanding in his hands and yet something felt off about the piece. Something not of his intent.

After a few more yards the sound of crackling and hissing could be heard, though no flames or intimidating presences could be felt. Kentas gave a glance to John and casually spoke to him, still a little urked by his remark.

"Hey John, did you hear that sound just now?" He asked with a slightly curious tone, holding back all his weight Kentas tried to swiftly climb through the grass like @Melkibren taught him, he rolled his feet and his weight, becoming silent with his steps as to give a chance for more sounds to call out to them.

It was a peculiar sound, and the Kokiri could only think of scenario after scenario; _Was it a snake? Was it some sort of ghost or spectral being? Was it a dying flame? Or maybe the sound of something else dying?_ His thoughts wandered before Radella gave him a tug on his ear, lightly twinkling in his eardrum, "I can't feel anything.. but stay alert."

John APP [8:45 PM] John stops and nods. "I heard it." There are lots of calculated risks involved when dealing with unknown dangers. Stopping when you get a hint of a possible hazard runs the risk of making you a stationary target, but it prevents you from stepping into a trap, and if your adversary has no way of attacking at range, it forces them to make a move if they want to assault you. Under the circumstances, John thinks it best to become the bait that might draw out the enemy while Kentas uses his small size to move in concealment. "Watch my rear, Scruvo," John calls out to the bird circling above.

_(OOC: If you want me to come up with any of the situational spoofing, let me know. I'm assuming you're in control of the scene otherwise.)_

Kentas [9:05 PM] Kentas crept low and became one with the grass, his greenish apparel helped him disappear, along with the darkness, Radella took this sign as she slipped away under his hat. Kentas had planted the torch into the ground away from some taller grass, so that should they need to inspect anything, their faint torch was still alight.. just a little ways away.

Kentas sank down low, gravity pulling him close to the blades of grass, the smell of the fresh particles as he moved through them, his eyes adjusted to the enclosing darkness, but he could still track John though he might not be able to tell what he was doing ahead of him in the dark as his silhouette nearly disappearing into the night from time to time.

His hands wrapped around the pole of his Scythe, steadying himself and yet preparing for any threats that shuffled in this eclipse, how long has it been since there was sunlight? The very thought brought Kentas' mood down as he continued his prowl behind John.

(OOC: I am fine with anything! We can both freely do what we want, I just thought progressively we would stumble across the carriage and maybe survey the fields a bit, if _anything_ happens that's fine! :smiley: )

John APP [7:37 PM] John looks around for a full minute, patiently assessing the situation. Nothing is attacking them yet, and nothing is giving itself away. "Seems clear from up heah, Johnny-boy," Scruvo reports. John nods, then walks over to where Kentas left his torch. He picks it up and lifts it high to provide maximum illumination to the area around them. "I think we'd better move on." John treads carefully along, waving the point of his sword through the grass before him.

Kentas [8:32 AM] Kentas creeps beside John, making his presence known so that he didn't get startled, the way he raised the torch was cool to Kentas, maybe it was cause he was so small?

As he raised it and let the fire shine out, Kentas gazed around scoping out their perimeter, he shuffled through the grass going more towards the bridge leading across the river.

His eyes darting from each side, watching for any monsters that could be marching about, "I wonder what that sound was... Couldn't be too far from the Village right?" he asked subtly to John.

John APP [6:09 PM] _(OOC: I'm gonna try using my Conflict Resolution System here, for my own amusement if nothing else. Feel free to participate or just freeform like usual, whichever you prefer. If you do want to take part in the CRS we'll need to figure out your level and skills.)_

John Level 5, damage 0, base /roll 1d10 D-rank Archery, ability /roll 1d2 D-rank Stealth and dagger use, ability /roll 1d2 B-rank Swordplay, ability /roll 1d6 A-rank Observation and reasoning, ability /roll 1d8

Lizalfos 1 Level 3, damage 0, base /roll 1d8 C-rank Weapon usage, ability /roll 1d4 C-rank Tongue/tail attack, ability /roll 1d4 B-rank Camouflage, ability /roll 1d6

Lizalfos 2 Level 3, damage 0, base /roll 1d8 C-rank Weapon usage, ability /roll 1d4 C-rank Tongue/tail attack, ability /roll 1d4 B-rank Camouflage, ability /roll 1d6

_(So, I'm about to have a couple of hiding lizalfos attack us, and I want to know how successful they are before I pose. Each of them will do a base roll, then I'll figure out what action they attempt.)_

/roll 1d8 /roll 1d8

aubrey [6:10 PM] _(OOC: Apparently /roll needs to be the only thing that shows up in a given message to work.)_ /roll 1d8

Dicebot APP [6:10 PM] @aubrey rolled *1* Dice 1d8 Rolls 1

aubrey [6:10 PM] /roll 1d8

Dicebot APP [6:10 PM] @aubrey rolled *6* Dice 1d8 Rolls 6

John APP [6:18 PM] _(OOC: First lizalfos stumbles royally, second one has a pretty good start. I'm gonna say lizalfos 1 attacks John with a club and doesn't attempt anything fancy. Meanwhile, lizalfos 2 throws one of those boomerang-swords at Kenta, although again nothing fancy. That's a basic weapon usage for both of them, so /roll 1d4 for each.)_

aubrey [6:18 PM] /roll 1d4

Dicebot APP [6:18 PM] @aubrey rolled *1* Dice 1d4 Rolls 1

aubrey [6:18 PM] /roll 1d4

Dicebot APP [6:18 PM] @aubrey rolled *2* Dice 1d4 Rolls 2

John APP [6:22 PM] _(OOC: Man, lizalfos 1 is an utter goofball. X) John can't possibly fail to defend against that, so I won't even bother rolling for him. Lizalfos 2, on the other hand, got a total of 8. If you want to freeform it, Kentas, just treat it as the lizalfos made a pretty good throw at you and react to it as you will. I'll write up the actual pose in a bit, need to finish making dinner.)_

John APP [7:24 PM] _(OOC: Almost forgot, I should roll John's attack before the pose so I have an idea how well he does. First is the base roll, /roll 1d10...)_

aubrey [7:24 PM] /roll 1d10

Dicebot APP [7:24 PM] @aubrey rolled *2* Dice 1d10 Rolls 2

John APP [7:26 PM] _(OOC: Not a great start. John will make a regular swordplay attack against lizalfos 1, but I'm going to subtract 1 from the result because his left hand is occupied with the torch.)_

aubrey [7:26 PM] /roll 1d6

Dicebot APP [7:26 PM] @aubrey rolled *3* Dice 1d6 Rolls 3

John APP [7:27 PM] _(OOC: Total of 5, not great.)_ _(OOC: Oh, and minus 1, so 4.)_

John APP [7:43 PM] John shrugs as they walk along. "Hard to say for sure, sound can carry quite a ways on mostly-flat fields like -- "

Just then there is a BLOOD-CHILLING SCREECH as a club-wielding lizalfos LEAPS FROM THE GRASS TO AMBUSH JOHN!!! >E

...And falls flat on its chin. x.x Maybe its leg fell asleep while it lay here camouflaged waiting for somebody to wander near. John startles and lowers the torch, then stops as he realizes he could turn the grassy area into a fire-trap if he's not careful. >.<; He makes an awkward chop with his sword down at the monster splayed in front of him, but he'll be surprised if it doesn't recover first thanks to his hesitation.

Meanwhile, a sharp caw comes from above. "Crikey, watch y'back lil' tyke!" A whirring sound approaches Kentas fast from behind, another lizalfos having popped up and thrown a sharp metal boomerang at him.

Kentas [1:45 PM] (OOC: I could give this a try though mind that I might be terrible at this. XD

Kentas is pretty new to all this so I would say he is along the the lines of; Level 1 D-rank stealth C-rank Swordplay [Has been in roughly 5 fights now] B-rank Observations [His sight and hearing should be slightly advantageous due to his Kokiri Background]

So I roll for base then roll for attack/defence? What would A Level one noob roll for base? XD)

John APP [7:14 PM] _(OOC: Levels aren't primarily a matter of experience in this system, they're more a measure of how generally strong you are, and there has to be room for the weakest things, like octoroks, to be level 1. I'd say a typical civilian is about level 3, so Kentas should probably be at least that, more likely a 4. Your base roll is 1d(5 + level), so if you're level 4, that would be /roll 1d9. I'm gonna go ahead and roll that part for you so I can advise you based on the result.)_

aubrey [7:15 PM] /roll 1d9

Dicebot APP [7:15 PM] @aubrey rolled *9* Dice 1d9 Rolls 9

John APP [7:19 PM] _(OOC: Niiiiice. :) That beats the lizalfos's attack all by itself, so you don't even need to add an ability roll to that. You can pose defending against the boomerang however you want, block it, dodge it, whatever. Next, we do the base roll for your attack...)_

aubrey [7:19 PM] /roll 1d9

Dicebot APP [7:19 PM] @aubrey rolled *3* Dice 1d9 Rolls 3

John APP [7:33 PM] _(OOC: Coulda been better, coulda been worse. Now we get to the point where you need to make an actual choice. You could do a basic attack with your Swordplay skill, which would be /roll 1d4 and deal 1 damage if it succeeds, or you could spend 1 or 2 'mana' to make it 1d6 or 1d8 and deal 2 or 3 damage. You start with mana equal to your level, so 4, and at the end of every round everybody generates 2 mana. I'd suggest saving it for a better base roll, especially since there's a little mechanic called tension levels that makes higher-ranked attacks cheaper the more mana you have saved up and it'll kick in once you have at least 5 mana.)_

_(BTW, I notice your abilities seem to mirror mine. It doesn't have to be that way, you can invent whatever abilities best describe your character. Just keep them fairly broad, you don't need an ability for a specific attack for example, just a general fighting style or skill area.)_

KAKARIKO

Lexa APP [7:54 PM] Lexa lands on Tika's shoulder. "Hello rude lady. Aren't you gonna go with them?"

Tika APP [8:04 PM] "Oh no no no. I'm not adventurers like them!" Tika shakes her head, embarrassed.

Lexa APP [8:06 PM] "Pffttt! So? I'll come with ya, it'll be fine! We might even find Neppi."

Tika APP [8:08 PM] "it's Netri and i'm not so sure it's safe for those ill-equipped for battle..."

Lexa APP [8:10 PM] "All the more reason we should go then! What about Neppi? I doubt she's a strong warrior either." Lexa floats off of Tika and tugs at her to go.

Tika APP [8:45 PM] "It's Netri. Not Neppi." Tika starts following Lexa. "Well i suppose you might be right..."

HYRULE FIELD

Tika APP [10:01 PM] Tika follows the fairy down the stairs to find Kentas and John in the midst of battle. "Oh no!" Tika says shaking her head.

Lexa APP [10:02 PM] "Lets go rude Tika! We can take 'em!"

Tika APP [10:03 PM] "I don't know about this..." Tika despite her objections follow Lexa to the fight.

Tika APP [10:22 PM] Tika Level 5 nursemaid. A-rank chef A-rank babysitting A-rank conversationalist F-rank swordplay (no attacks)

C-rank "pep talk" ability roll (rolls over 7= 1 selected ally regen +1 mana at the end of their turn.)

S-rank "panic" (rolls under 3= random enemy gains +1 damage for 1 turn.)

A-rank "duck and cover" (rolls between 4-6= Tika hides.)

Lexa APP [10:33 PM] Lexa Level 5 Fairy F-rank swordplay (no attacks)

A-rank "glow" ability (blinds one enemy for one turn *must roll 7*)

C-rank "heal" ability (heals 1 damage on one ally *must roll 5 or 6*)

B-rank "group heal" ability (heals 2 damage on entire party *must roll 10*)

B-rank "Z targeting" ability (adds +1 to one allys attack roll *must roll 1-4*)

A- rank "Hide" ability (... Hides shhh.. *must roll 7-9*)

Kentas [4:59 AM] (Right, I was unsure as I haven't done much like this before! Very happy for the help! I think I would use 2Mana to roll a 1d8? If that is right? XD)

The blade fly's towards Kentas, spinning wildly in the air, it looked closer than it was as Kentas barely ducked and it zoomed away before curling back to the Lizalfos'. It glaring at Kentas before preparing for Kentas to retaliate to it.

John APP [5:56 PM] _(OOC: Yes, that'd be a 1d8 and will wipe out the lizalfos if it works -- it's level 3, so it can take only 3 damage. I'll go ahead and roll that for you so I can do its defense as well.)_

aubrey [5:56 PM] /roll 1d8

Dicebot APP [5:56 PM] @aubrey rolled *6* Dice 1d8 Rolls 6

John APP [6:00 PM] _(OOC: Purty good, total of 9. That's the end of the round, unless Tika and Lexa want to take action, so everybody generates 2 mana. Both Lizalfos have 5 mana, John has 7, Kentas remains at 4 since he spent 2. Now for base defense rolls of the 2 lizalfos...)_

aubrey [6:00 PM] /roll 1d8

Dicebot APP [6:00 PM] @aubrey rolled *2* Dice 1d8 Rolls 2

aubrey [6:00 PM] /roll 1d8

Dicebot APP [6:00 PM] @aubrey rolled *3* Dice 1d8 Rolls 3

John APP [6:06 PM] _(OOC: Both pretty low starts. Lizalfos 1 only has to meet a 4, so I'm thinking it will risk a basic weapon block for 1d4. Lizalfos 2 can't possibly meet Kentas's 9 with a 1d4, and it's going to be desperate to avoid that killing blow, so it's going to spend 2 mana on its defense. For defenses, each mana spent DOUBLES the roll range, so in this case, 4 x 2 x 2 = 1d16. Still a decent chance you'll hit it, and worst-case scenario you'll have forced it to spend as much mana as you did.)_

aubrey [6:06 PM] /roll 1d4

Dicebot APP [6:06 PM] @aubrey rolled *4* Dice 1d4 Rolls 4

aubrey [6:06 PM] /roll 1d16

Dicebot APP [6:06 PM] @aubrey rolled *13* Dice 1d16 Rolls 13

John APP [6:09 PM] _(OOC: Both lizalfos succeed in their defenses. You can pose that your lizalfos blocked your attack, or dodged it if you prefer, whatever gives you a better pose. And yes, I do mean it's still your turn to pose. ;) )_

Tika APP [6:29 PM] (Ooc you guys can go on, us entering the battle counts as our turn.)

Kentas [6:50 PM] Kentas scowled at the Lizalfos, how dare it just attack like that and with a boomerang at that! Using this opportunity to try his new weapon, Kentas dashes through the grass, trying to keep low and out of sight till he was a few feet away.

Swinging harshly at the Lizalfos, Kentas didn't expect any kind of block, especially with its unusual weapon, however.. the Lizalfos let's on more than it shows as it skillfully hooks its bladed boomerang against Kentas' scythe before pushing him away and making some ground between them.

John APP [7:35 PM] _(OOC: Okay, next is the lizalfos's base rolls for attack...)_

aubrey [7:35 PM] /roll 1d8

Dicebot APP [7:35 PM] @aubrey rolled *6* Dice 1d8 Rolls 6

aubrey [7:36 PM] /roll 1d8

Dicebot APP [7:36 PM] @aubrey rolled *2* Dice 1d8 Rolls 2

John APP [7:42 PM] _(OOC: Lizalfos 1 currently has 5 mana, so he gets a -1 mana discount for all attacks and can use a C-rank attack for 1 mana. (I'm gonna start using numbers instead of letters for the ranks after this scene BTW, it's too confusing this way. =.=) Lizalfos 2 is still at 3 mana since he had to use what he generated to defend, and he didn't have a great base roll, so he's going to do a basic attack. To make it a little more varied, he attacks with his tongue this time, although that makes no difference to the roll.)_

aubrey [7:42 PM] /roll 1d8

Dicebot APP [7:42 PM] @aubrey rolled *4* Dice 1d8 Rolls 4

aubrey [7:42 PM] /roll 1d4

Dicebot APP [7:42 PM] @aubrey rolled *2* Dice 1d4 Rolls 2

John APP [7:43 PM] _(OOC: Lizalfos 1 got 10, Lizalfos 2 got 4. Now for John's base roll...)_

aubrey [7:43 PM] /roll 1d10

Dicebot APP [7:43 PM] @aubrey rolled *6* Dice 1d10 Rolls 6

John APP [7:47 PM] _(OOC: I need at least 4 more to defend against a strong attack, so I'm gonna spend 2 mana to double-double my Swordplay. Still have the -1 to the end result from holding the torch.)_

aubrey [7:47 PM] /roll 1d24

Dicebot APP [7:47 PM] @aubrey rolled *23* Dice 1d24 Rolls 23

John APP [7:48 PM] _(OOC: Now for base attack roll...)_

aubrey [7:48 PM] /roll 1d10

Dicebot APP [7:48 PM] @aubrey rolled *1* Dice 1d10 Rolls 1

John APP [7:49 PM] _(OOC: Ouch. X) Well, John has 5 mana, so he can get a 1-rank boost to his attack for free. Had that at the start too really, but I was initially leaving tension levels out of it to keep things simpler.)_

aubrey [7:50 PM] /roll 1d8

Dicebot APP [7:50 PM] @aubrey rolled *6* Dice 1d8 Rolls 6

John APP [7:51 PM] _(OOC: -1 for the torch again, so total of 6. Lizalfos 1 base defense roll...)_

aubrey [7:51 PM] /roll 1d8

Dicebot APP [7:51 PM] @aubrey rolled *6* Dice 1d8 Rolls 6

John APP [7:52 PM] _(OOC: He succeeds. Now finally I pose for monsters and myself.)_

Tika APP [8:08 PM] (Ooc since Tika and Lexa aren't fighters they have no attack rolls, so their rolls would assign status effects. Keep in mind i'm still learning this.) First roll for Tika

Netri [8:09 PM] /roll 1d10

Dicebot APP [8:09 PM] @Netri rolled *7* Dice 1d10 Rolls 7

Tika APP [8:10 PM] Tika uses "pep talk on Kentas! He will generate +1 extra mana at the end of his turn. "You can do it Kokiri boy!"

Netri [8:10 PM] /roll 1d10

Dicebot APP [8:10 PM] @Netri rolled *7* Dice 1d10 Rolls 7

Lexa APP [8:14 PM] Lexa uses "glow" Lexa floats over to Lizalfos 2 and glows brightly! -1 to his attack and defence roll! "Told ya we can take 'em Tika!" (Ooc let me know if i'm doing alright.)

John APP [8:17 PM] _(OOC: I never built the system to handle status effects, but what the hey, let's experiment. X) )_

John APP [9:21 PM] The first lizalfos swivels its eye up to look at the blade descending toward its head. u.c Without getting up, it raises its club, halting the sword with a clang. It then rallies and bull-rushes John with its horn. Meanwhile, the second lizalfos opens its maw wide, in a very obvious and rather slow fashion, then shoots its tongue out at Kentas.

John manages to vault over the rushing lizalfos and roll down its curved back. Hah, the lizalfos isn't the only one who can makes a smooth recovery. >) Spinning around, John raises his sword and -- falters AGAIN on seeing the girl from town nearby! x.x "What're you doing here!?" John cries out incredulously, managing a decent, though very delayed, diagonal stroke at the monster. Is _every_ seemingly vulnerable person a secret swashbuckler in this country?!

Kentas [6:24 AM] /roll 1d9 (I assume that this is my defense roll against Lizalfos 2)

Dicebot APP [6:24 AM] @Kentas rolled *3* + *2* = *5* Dice 1d9 Rolls 3

Kentas [6:25 AM] (lol wut?) /roll 1d9

Dicebot APP [6:25 AM] @Kentas rolled *2* Dice 1d9 Rolls 2

Kentas [6:26 AM] (HM I think he brackets added 2 to my first roll, so I think I will stick with 3. So that would equal out Lizalfos 2's attack of 4 minus 1 from Lexa?)

John APP [7:14 AM] _(OOC: I would've expected that effect to happen on the lizalfo's next action, but Lexa can decide that. Anyway, once you add the ability roll to your base roll, you can't fail to match a 4.)_

Kentas [3:08 PM] (OOC: So what is an ability roll? Like how you used Swordplay?)

John APP [5:23 PM] _(OOC: Yes, exactly. In this system, anytime you want to do an action, first you do a base roll, which depends on your level and how much damage you've taken. Then, with that result in mind, you do an ability roll using one of your abilities (or more than one, but that's a more advanced mechanic). Since you know the result of your base roll ahead of time, you have a bit of an informed choice to make about how much mana to spend, who you want to target, etc. I'm working on a writeup of all this, which I'll hopefully be able to post on the wiki.)_

Kentas [6:20 AM] (OOC: I would find that useful! I like the sound of this and it certainly makes things more interesting! So what would I use next then? As an ability roll, since I am still new to this :laughing:)

John APP [7:37 PM] _(OOC: You don't really *need* to do the ability roll since it can't possibly fail at this point, but you choose one of your abilities that makes sense for the situation and roll the default amount for its rank -- 1d2 for D-rank, 1d4 for C-rank, 1d6 for B-rank, etc. Next, you'll want to do your attack. Start that out by doing a base roll -- 1d9 -- and then you choose which ability you're using, how much mana to spend on increasing the power of your action, and what to target. Each point of mana spent increases the range of your ability roll by 2, and increases damage dealt by 1. The idea is that you're pulling off a higher-ranked action within your ability, like, say, a whirling slash. Since your highest-ranking attack ability is C-rank, you can use at most 2 mana on it, making for 3 damage and 1d(4 + 2 + 2) = 1d8 roll.)_ _(While we're at it, I'll tell you about that other mechanic I mentioned earlier: combining abilities. You can spend 1 point of mana to add another ability into your roll. That doesn't increase the damage any, but it allows you to roll an extra die at the default amount of the ability you're adding in. So, for example, if you can think of a way to combine your Observations with your Swordplay, you can roll 1d4 for the Swordplay and 1d6 for the observations. If you want to do that *and* spend mana on increasing the action rank, the roll range bonus applies only to the highest-rank ability involved. So if you spent 1 more mana, you'd roll 1d4 for Swordplay and 1d10 for Observations, and deal 2 damage.)_ _(OOC: Sorry, 1d8 for Observations on that last bit. Lost track of its default range.)_

Lexa APP [11:19 PM] (Ooc I intended for my ability to be used at the beginning of my turn but i think you were still posing for the previous turn.. Also keeping it simple status effects will only affect, rolls, mana and hp. For example tika's "panic" move gives the lizalfos +1 to his attack roll.)

Kentas [8:36 AM] (OOC Ok then lol! I think I will do that, so Could I spend two mana then to add both swordplay or should I say _scytheplay_ with observation on my roll? So a 1d9 for base then a 1d12 for abilities?)

John APP [8:47 AM] _(OOC: Almost. You'd do 1d9 for base, then 1d4 for Scytheplay and 1d8 for Observations. That's different than lumping the 4 and 8 into a single roll, it creates a sort of "hill" of probabilities where you're more likely to get results in the middle of the possible range.)_

Kentas [8:51 AM] (OOC: Right, that makes sense! Just finished reading the guide on the news chat and it had really helped, I will still be rusty but I think I have an Idea!) /roll 1d9

Dicebot APP [8:51 AM] @Kentas rolled *7* Dice 1d9 Rolls 7

Kentas [8:52 AM] (OOC: Nice! So I am going to use my observation to look for a weakpoint then followed by scytheplay to try and strike that point! So would I be spending 2 mana?)

John APP [8:55 AM] _(OOC: Yes, although considering you got a pretty good base roll, you might want to spend 3 mana so that if you hit you finish the lizalfos off. If you do that, change your Observations roll to 1d10.)_

Kentas [9:01 AM] /roll 1d10

Dicebot APP [9:01 AM] @Kentas rolled *1* Dice 1d10 Rolls 1

Kentas [9:02 AM] (OOC: Dang, I guess Kentas can barely see it but had a vague idea for it well I still spent two on that and I will spend one more for Scytheplay!) /roll 1d4

Dicebot APP [9:02 AM] @Kentas rolled *4* Dice 1d4 Rolls 4

Kentas [9:03 AM] (OOC: So An overall 12, I can't complain with that! Then it will be the Lizalfos turn to defend right?)

John APP [9:04 AM] _(OOC: Right. Base roll:)_

aubrey [9:04 AM] /roll 1d8

Dicebot APP [9:04 AM] @aubrey rolled *3* Dice 1d8 Rolls 3

John APP [9:10 AM] _(OOC: I'm going to say it's using Camouflage for its defense, since that makes sense with the fact you were attacking with Observations, and spend 1 mana so that he has a chance to survive. If I were playing him seriously as if I wanted him to win I'd spend 2 or even 3, but PvE should be tilted in the players' favor and shouldn't drag on forever. ;) )_

aubrey [9:10 AM] /roll 1d12

Dicebot APP [9:10 AM] @aubrey rolled *5* Dice 1d12 Rolls 5

John APP [9:11 AM] _(OOC: Total of 8, he's dead. You can tell how it goes down in your pose. And I have to get going now.)_

Kentas [1:28 PM] (OOC: Haha that's fine, I was having to get back to work anyway too!)

Kentas could hear Tika's voice behind him, the cheer made him feel electrified and energised as he looked towards his for who nastily spit his tongue in Kentas' direction.

Barely deflecting the high speed tongue, The Kokiri Boy closed the distance between them before glaring at the Lizalfos. It was hard to spot any vital points in its guard due to the darkness, but going on a hunch Kentas dashes for the beast, his new Scythe ready to reap it's first victim!

_step Step STEP_ Kentas is a few feet away from the Lizalfos as he readies his strike behind him, launching a massive arc as the blade zooms past the Lizalfos attempt at defence with its boomerang. Hooking past the curve slides between its armor and impales the beast before it bursts into smoke and flames, the remnants of it sitting at the little boys boots.

Kentas can only grin with delight as he feels his experience with his dagger and all his lessons are paying off!

Rome [6:31 PM] (This looks complicated.... But fun!)

Robert [7:43 AM] joined #hyrule_field.

John APP [7:52 AM] (OOC: Any pose coming from Tika and Lexa?)

Kentas [7:55 AM] (OOC: I am not sure, if anything maybe cause they are _support_ we can still go ahead and have you and me VS the last Lizalfos? So would that in turn work like Your rolls + my rolls against the Lizalfos or would it be like the stronger roll wins?)

Tika APP [12:21 PM] (Ooc you guys can go ahead. Since we are support we would only pose at the beginning of a turn to assign stat effects for that turn)

John APP [9:48 PM] (OOC: Okay. Base roll for Lizalfos 1's attack...)

aubrey [9:48 PM] /roll 1d8

Dicebot APP [9:48 PM] @aubrey rolled *5* Dice 1d8 Rolls 5

John APP [9:55 PM] (OOC: Since there's only one lizalfos left, I'm gonna have him be pretty aggressive to make things interesting. He's going to combine his Camouflage and Weapon Usage, with a Rank 3 attack...AGAINST TIKA! >O Which will cost a total of 3 mana (+1 for combination, +3 for Rank 3, -1 for Tension Level 1).)

aubrey [9:56 PM] /roll 1d12

Dicebot APP [9:56 PM] @aubrey rolled *2* Dice 1d12 Rolls 2

aubrey [9:56 PM] /roll 1d4

Dicebot APP [9:56 PM] @aubrey rolled *4* Dice 1d4 Rolls 4

John APP [10:02 PM] (OOC: Total of 11, coulda been a lot worse for Tika.)

John APP [10:31 PM] (OOC: Did some stuff in the ooc_general channel by accident, here's what happened...)

Spoof APP [10:31 PM] The first lizalfos scuttles away into the long grass, avoiding John's sword. Realizing that it's now alone in the fight against these humans, it changes its skin color and goes to ground. The reptilian instincts in its brain briefly clamor for escape, but those impulses are silenced by the sorcerous dominion that compels it to attack its king's enemies. They are replaced by cold calculation of how to inflict the greatest possible damage with its very likely limited remaining time. It slithers in brief spurts through the grass, zig-zagging to throw off attempts to pinpoint its location. Suddenly it leaps out with a snarl, swinging its club down at Tika!

John APP [10:32 PM] (OOC: Then I did 1d10 for John's base roll and got 10...) (OOC: Yay. n.n Here's another mechanic: rescues. You can sacrifice your upcoming attack to do a defensive action for somebody else, and it adds onto their own defense once they do it. You have to do your rescue _before_ they do their own defense, though. John still has -1 for his Swordplay rolls since he's holding that torch, so he might not match the Lizalfos's 11 on his own...but once Tika adds her own defense it can't possibly fail. Still, here's his roll for the drama of it.) (OOC: Then I did 1d4 for John's Swordplay roll and got 3, which brings us up to present.)

John APP [10:58 PM] John gives Kentas a quick hard grin as the other lizalfos goes down. For some reason he has a brief vision of himself operating some bizarre light-spitting cannon in a ship amongst the stars, pausing briefly to shout out, "Great, kid! Don't get cocky!"

Blinking back to reality, John studies the pattern of spasms in the grass, preparing to fend off the next attempt on his life...and suddenly realizes that *he is not the most likely target.* #.# Galvanized by the threat against someone else, John streaks across the field, reversing his grip on his sword as he runs. He skids to a halt between Tika and the descending lizalfos, blocking the club stroke with the blade braced against his forearm. "Kentas! Get it!" >.< (OOC: FYI, Kentas currently has 4 mana, which puts him just under Tension Level 1, so no attack discount. But if you get a good base roll I'd recommend going for the kill with a Rank 2 attack. I'm off to bed for now.)

Kentas [11:32 AM] /roll 1d9

Dicebot APP [11:32 AM] @Kentas rolled *7* Dice 1d9 Rolls 7

Kentas [11:36 AM] (Very Nice! Using 1 mana I will use Scytheplay at rank 2 to roll a 1d6? Hopefully Striking it down while you have blocked it.) /roll 1d6

Dicebot APP [11:36 AM] @Kentas rolled *5* Dice 1d6 Rolls 5

Kentas [11:37 AM] (OOC: That makes a total of 12 meaning I have a greater roll than the Lizalfos by 1! But with the Rank 2 I do 2 damage as well?)

John APP [1:45 PM] (OOC: Ah, I should've explained better. A normal action with no mana spent to boost it would actually be Rank 0. Rank 0 attacks deal 1 damage, Rank 1 attacks deal 2 damage, etc. So if you really want to do a Rank 2 attack, you spend 2 mana on it, roll 1d8, and deal 3 damage if you succeed. If you want to keep the 1d6 roll you already did, I'm fine with that and you can still spend the 2 mana and get 3 damage, or you can do a 1d8 in the hopes it'll go even higher. Whatever the case, the rolls the lizalfos already did this round were its attack; it will get to do another action for defending.)

Kentas [3:13 PM] (OOC: Think I will stick with the 1d6 and just spend 2 mana!)

aubrey [3:35 PM] /roll 1d8

Dicebot APP [3:35 PM] @aubrey rolled *1* Dice 1d8 Rolls 1

John APP [3:40 PM] (OOC: The lizalfos MUST spend 2 mana on its defense to have a chance of surviving. X) )

aubrey [3:40 PM] /roll 1d16

Dicebot APP [3:40 PM] @aubrey rolled *16* Dice 1d16 Rolls 16

John APP [3:42 PM] (OOC: Oo, it's still standing. In case you want to know for your pose, it defends with its tail. I'd go into more detail, but I don't know what your attack's going to look like.)

Kentas [3:57 PM] Kentas could see John moving swiftly after his opponent disappeared into the darkness, going for Tika in a cowardly manner. As John bravely steps in to save the damsel and asks Kentas to kill it, the small Kokiri boy makes a grand leap into the air.

His scythe propped all the way back to bring down with some force and speed, however as much as it's arms are occupied with John, it's tail swings in a technical manner, smacking the side of the blade with the base of its take before the tip whips at Kentas' tunic. The momentum throwing Kentas a little bit back making room again between him, John and the Lizalfos.

Radella flutters near by Kentas almost in shock at the beast, "How?! That should have been a clean kill Kentas! _Watch Out!_" She said in an almost annoying yet memorable tone as the Lizalfos readies itself.

aubrey [4:38 PM] /roll 1d8

Dicebot APP [4:38 PM] @aubrey rolled *3* Dice 1d8 Rolls 3

John APP [4:39 PM] (OOC: The lizalfos hops back and does a Rank 0 tongue attack against John.)

aubrey [4:39 PM] /roll 1d4

Dicebot APP [4:39 PM] @aubrey rolled *4* Dice 1d4 Rolls 4

Spoof APP [4:47 PM] Some creatures almost seem to have separate brains for different parts of their bodies. While the main control center of the lizalfos is blindly raging at John for interrupting its best shot at doing some actual damage before it dies, its tail is deftly fending off Kentas. Regaining a bit of clearness to its thoughts, the lizalfos jumps back and pants while trying to figure out what to do now that its enemies have gathered against it. Again as though acting from some secondary decision-making process, its tongue shoots from its open mouth at John.

aubrey [4:47 PM] /roll 1d10

Dicebot APP [4:47 PM] @aubrey rolled *4* Dice 1d10 Rolls 4

John APP [5:03 PM] (OOC: John does a Rank 1 Swordplay defense.)

aubrey [5:04 PM] /roll 1d12

Dicebot APP [5:04 PM] @aubrey rolled *7* Dice 1d12 Rolls 7

aubrey [5:04 PM] /roll 1d10

Dicebot APP [5:04 PM] @aubrey rolled *2* Dice 1d10 Rolls 2

John APP [5:09 PM] (OOC: John does a Rank 1 Swordplay attack (for free because Tension Level 1) by letting the lizalfos's tongue pull him in and slashing at its mouth.)

aubrey [5:09 PM] /roll 1d8

Dicebot APP [5:09 PM] @aubrey rolled *7* Dice 1d8 Rolls 7

John APP [5:18 PM] John holds his sword up again to absorb the impact of the lizalfos's tongue. The bulbous end of the tongue wraps slightly around the blade and sticks to John's coat sleeve. John leans forward and hops lightly, allowing the retracting tongue to yank him toward the reptile. He shoves the horizontal line of sharp metal toward the gaping maw and jerks it sideways to cut whatever it comes into contact with. (OOC: Your go, Kentas. I'll wait until both of us have done our attacks to roll the lizalfos's defenses this time.)

Kentas [8:08 PM] (OOC: Just to keep it simple I am just going to do my roll and a rank 0 Scytheplay as if he is recovering energy-wise from his leaping attack, hopefully get some good rolls!) /roll 1d9

Dicebot APP [8:08 PM] @Kentas rolled *9* Dice 1d9 Rolls 9

Kentas [8:09 PM] /roll 1d4

Dicebot APP [8:09 PM] @Kentas rolled *2* Dice 1d4 Rolls 2

Kentas [8:10 PM] (OOC: So an 11 for me and 13 for you, not too bad, feeling very lucky with these rolls! _BRING ON THE LIZALFOS!_)

John APP [8:15 PM] (OOC: 13? John got 2 and 7 for his attack action, -1 for still having to hold the torch, so he's at 8. But yes, rolling lizalfos now.)

aubrey [8:15 PM] /roll 1d8

Dicebot APP [8:15 PM] @aubrey rolled *8* Dice 1d8 Rolls 8

John APP [8:16 PM] (OOC: Lizalfos avoided John's attack. Now for Kentas's...)

aubrey [8:16 PM] /roll 1d8

Dicebot APP [8:16 PM] @aubrey rolled *6* Dice 1d8 Rolls 6

John APP [8:19 PM] (OOC: I'm presuming Weapon Usage would be ideal for defending against Kentas's attack. Spending 1 mana so he has a chance to avoid damage.)

aubrey [8:19 PM] /roll 1d8

Dicebot APP [8:19 PM] @aubrey rolled *1* Dice 1d8 Rolls 1

John APP [8:19 PM] (OOC: Ah, he fails. Lizalfos takes 1 damage. From now on his base roll will be 1d7.)

Kentas [6:30 AM] /roll 1d9

Dicebot APP [6:30 AM] @Kentas rolled *5* Dice 1d9 Rolls 5

Kentas [6:30 AM] (Ooc. That wasn't too great, what dice roll is weapon usage? Is that 1d4?)

John APP [1:32 PM] (OOC: Yes, Kentas has C-rank (which we should start calling Rank 2) mastery of Scytheplay, so if he does a Rank 0 attack with it that would be 1d4. I think we're losing the order here, though. You just attacked, and I did the lizalfos's defense rolls so you could know whether the attack succeeded, but now it's time for you to pose that attack. The next attack will be the lizalfos's.)

Kentas [2:57 PM] (OOC: Right sorry! Still new to this, but I am glad you are helping me learn!)

As John was pulled to it and engaged the Lizalfos Kentas kept an eye on the lizard as it craftily dodged John's strategic assault, seeing as how he put alot of effort into his last strike, Kentas nimbly kept to its blind spot before getting close enough to strike again, but went for a simple swing at the beasts back as it was tangled with John.

The blade had not alot of force behind it, nor did he prepare for the beasts scales as his blade nipped the back of the Lizalfos before bouncing back, just leaving a small cut to the lizard's right side.

aubrey [2:59 PM] /roll 1d7

Dicebot APP [2:59 PM] @aubrey rolled *3* Dice 1d7 Rolls 3

John APP [3:04 PM] (OOC: Lizalfos is going all out now, even if it's not getting a great base roll. It spends 2 mana on a Rank 2 Weapon attack on Kentas.)

aubrey [3:04 PM] /roll 1d8

Dicebot APP [3:04 PM] @aubrey rolled *7* Dice 1d8 Rolls 7

Kentas [3:05 PM] (OOC: A TEN! Snap, must have made it angry!)

Spoof APP [3:15 PM] The lizalfos manages to flick its tongue sideways in time to throw John's sword arm off course. Then it feels a sting in its flank. >.< There must be quite a lot of conflicting signals firing off in the lizalfos's synapses. It wants to run, to disappear into the grasses that offer it sanctuary, to licks its wound and live to hunt another day. But all of that is blocked and redirected into a desperate fury. The lizalfos snaps around and swings its club at Kentas's head.

aubrey [3:16 PM] /roll 1d10

Dicebot APP [3:16 PM] @aubrey rolled *7* Dice 1d10 Rolls 7

John APP [3:18 PM] (OOC: John could finish it with a Rank 1 attack for free, but what the hey, let's toss 2 extra mana in.)

aubrey [3:18 PM] /roll 1d12

Dicebot APP [3:18 PM] @aubrey rolled *12* Dice 1d12 Rolls 12

John APP [3:30 PM] Victory is within sight, but John would certainly like to minimize casualties. He leaps up, brings the torch together with the handle of his sword so that he can grip both of them in two hands, and drives the point down toward the monster's back.

ajrockes [5:25 PM] joined #hyrule_field.

John APP [7:58 PM] (OOC: Kentas, next thing that needs to happen is your defense rolls.)

Kentas [2:31 PM] (OOC. Sorry went to sleep then immediately work! Can I use observation as an defensive ability roll?) /roll 1d9

Dicebot APP [2:31 PM] @Kentas rolled *7* Dice 1d9 Rolls 7

John APP [6:51 PM] (OOC: NP, just making sure we don't get stuck like the time I was waiting for Tika to pose. X) Typically I'd say observation could at best be used as part of a combination when applied to fighting, but since we're practically at the end of the encounter I'll let it slide if you really want to do it. You have 6 mana/Awesome-Sauce points BTW.)

Kentas [7:24 PM] (OOC: A rank 0 would be a 1d8 right? If so, I would probably use that awesome sauce I have and use a rank 2 for a 1d12?)

John APP [7:26 PM] (OOC: According to my notes, you said Kentas's mastery of Observations is B-rank (translation, Rank 3), and a Rank 0 action for that would be 1d6. When you use AS for defense, though, it DOUBLES the range for every point spent. So you could get 1d12 for 1 AS, 1d24 for 2 AS, or 1d48 for 3 AS.)

Kentas [7:31 PM] (OOC: a 2AS Still sounds great and if successful would probably pose about how Kentas used observation to predict the Lizalfos' move) /roll 1d24

Dicebot APP [7:31 PM] @Kentas rolled *9* Dice 1d24 Rolls 9

Kentas [7:39 PM] (OOC: So a 16 for me then!)

John APP [7:40 PM] (OOC: Yep, and the attack was 10, so you're plenty safe. If you want to roll for an attack as well you can.)

Kentas [7:42 PM] /roll 1d9

Dicebot APP [7:42 PM] @Kentas rolled *2* Dice 1d9 Rolls 2

Kentas [7:43 PM] (Ooc. A poor execution, since I used a rank 2 for defence would that mean I have 4 AS left? Might need to use some to save this roll!)

John APP [7:46 PM] (OOC: If you like. Rank 0 Scytheplay would be 1d4, Rank 1 would be 1d6, Rank 2 would be 1d8.)

Kentas [8:00 PM] (OOC: A rank 1 should be fine, If it fails too then John will have his chance to attack too.) /roll 1d6

Dicebot APP [8:00 PM] @Kentas rolled *4* Dice 1d6 Rolls 4

Kentas [8:01 PM] (OOC: So a 6! Could of been better, but it was up to the dice to play this out!)

aubrey [8:05 PM] /roll 1d7

Dicebot APP [8:05 PM] @aubrey rolled *5* Dice 1d7 Rolls 5

John APP [8:07 PM] (OOC: Lizalfos uses 2 AS to increase Weapon Usage defense.)

aubrey [8:07 PM] /roll 1d16

Dicebot APP [8:07 PM] @aubrey rolled *1* Dice 1d16 Rolls 1

John APP [8:08 PM] (OOC: John's attack killed it. I can roll its defense against Kentas's attack if you like, or we can just say it was no longer capable of defending.)

Kentas [8:19 PM] (OOC: Let's go with it being no longer capable!)

John APP [8:21 PM] (OOC: Okay, just write up your pose then.)

Kentas [8:31 PM] As the Lizalfos aimed it's club for Kentas, his little amber eyes made out the gesture before the beast even threw it, it's arm tensed up and it began to twist awkwardly and furiously away from John, it was a perfect opportunity for John as well as Kentas swiftly dodged the club with a simple roll across the grass.

John didn't waste any time and drove his sword into the back of the beast, it staggered slightly, trying to gauge what just happened before slowly staring at Kentas. The Kokiri gave a poor swing at the beast merely chipping it's torso like it did with its back, but it didn't matter in the end as it became limp a few moments after and burst into smoke as well as it's friend from earlier.

Kentas looked to John as the smoke cleared and gave him a small nod before turning to Tika and Lexa, stepping through the grass to get closer, "I wasn't expecting you to follow us Tika!.. unless. Was this your idea _Lexa?_" He said the fairies name with a harsh tone before holstering the Scythe behind him with one arm, holding it in place.

John APP [9:46 PM] (OOC: Tika/Lexa, going to pose here?)

Kentas [5:49 AM] (OOC: Might be asleep, John can just but in if you want and we will carry on!)

Lexa APP [9:04 AM] Lexa floats in circles around Kentas. "My idea? Pfftt no! It was all Tika! Look at her, look at that battle hardened stare." Lexa points at a clearly frazzled Tika.

Tika APP [9:05 AM] "I... Uhhh.. Hmm.."

Spoof APP [9:05 AM] NETRI JOINS THE BATTLE!!

Netri [9:06 AM] Netri, riding her trusty steed Ponyo charges into the field yelling and with her sword and rocky man shield drawn high.

Tika APP [9:08 AM] "You can calm down now everything is over." "You are in big trouble by the way naughty girl."

Netri [9:09 AM] "Awwwwww" Netri, disappointed she didn't get to fight a lizard or even see one eat somebody slumps down on Ponyo's back and starts moping.

Kentas [2:57 PM] Kentas grinned at Netri's behaviour before nudging Tika with his elbow, "I know you wouldn't have charged here by yourself. I bet Lexa pressured you." He spoke reassuringly before walking to Ponyo and Netri, a Lizalfos' bone in hand.

Climbing up slightly Kentas offered it casually to Netri, "Hey! You can have this for helping us out! You and Ponyo have scared away the rest of those Lizard's!" As the Kokiri tried to comfort the girl, his vision caught something in the dark. He squinted, trying his best to peer through the dark before looking at the vague shape.

"Hey John. What is over there?!" He asked curiously before hoping down and making his way over, the shape looked unclear but at first it looked like some kind of wagon.

John APP [8:09 PM] (OOC: Is that supposed to be the wagon that was attacked? I think it got wrecked, and the survivors and what supplies could be carried were picked up by a group of four horsemen.)

Kentas [8:42 PM] (OOC: Yeah, I was thinking we would stumble across the wreakage and just dismiss that this was what the noise could be, Investigate it a little then probably go back to Kakariko. :smiley: )

John APP [8:43 PM] (OOC: Ah, okay. For some reason I had the impression the wagon was coming to us.)

Netri [8:43 PM] Netiri smirks and does a fist pump. "I bet i did. I am a strong and brave knight after all." Netri took the lizard bone and gave it to Ponyo but he gave it back to her, apparently bulls don't like bones.

Tika APP [8:45 PM] Tika hops on Ponyo and pinches Netri's cheek. "Don't run off like that ever again! I was very worried about you."

John APP [8:55 PM] John straightens up as the lizalfos goes poof, then holds the torch aloft to look around. No more immediately noticeable threats...not that that's a _guarantee_ with how good lizalfos are at hiding, but if there were any more nearby they probably would have joined the fight while they had numbers on their side.

John guardedly sheaths his sword, then turns to the conversation happening nearby. He feels a tiny part of his mind starting to come unhinged at the casual nature of the exchange...and another part suddenly wonders if this is how the Duke felt. But no, it's a pretty different scenario. The Duke was mad at John for disobeying orders even though it turned out to be smart. John never gave anybody any orders, he's just frustrated at the lack of COMMON SENSE in a dangerous state of affairs. >.<;

Speaking of lacking common sense... "Bonzah show, mates!" Scruvo squawks, swooping down and landing on John's shoulder. "That bit where ya swept in an' stopped th'lizahd from hurtin' th'lass was grade-A gold! Say, ain't this th'part where th'fair damsel gives th'hero a k--" John clamps Scruvo's beak shut. e.e "Okay, I'm glad nobody got hurt, but it's still not safe out here. We should get everyone back to town and--"

And then the objective of the little outing, though nobody knew it would take this form, is spotted. John walks slowly over to the battered and burned wreckage. He puts a hand on the wood. "...Still a little warm. I think this is where we heard the commotion from."

Tika APP [9:02 PM] *Tika goes red faced.* " I.. Oh my.. Ahem.. Th.. Thank you for helping me." *Tika hides her face in her hands.*

Netri [9:04 PM] *Netri points at John.* "YOU'RE A PERV! A BIG SMELLY PERV! DUMMYHEAD PERV GROSS MAN!" *Netri crosses her arms.*

Lexa APP [9:05 PM] *Lexa floats toward Tika and Netri.* "Come now, i don't think he's a perv." "His guay definitely is though."

Netri [9:06 PM] "Mmhmm" Netri nods, arms still crossed.

Lexa APP [9:10 PM] Lexa lands on Netri's head. "So who are you? Are you the Neppy Tika was looking for?" "I'm Lexa. Nice to meet you."

Netri [9:15 PM] "Neppy! I'm not Neppy! I'm Netri, dummyhead fairy." "You got that _Lumpy?_" "Your name is Lumpy now."

Lexa APP [9:17 PM] "Ack! _LUMPY!_" *Lexa flies toward Tika* "What a rude child. I don't know why you were worried about _her._"

Tika APP [9:19 PM] "Now Netri, be nice."

Netri [9:21 PM] "Nuh uh! Tell _Lumpy_ to be nice first!" *Netri starts pouting*

Tika APP [9:23 PM] *Tika folds her arms* "You sure are acting like a Neppy right now."

Lexa APP [9:23 PM] (OOC that was supposed to be me.) *Lexa folds her arms* "You sure are acting like a Neppy right now.."

Netri [9:25 PM] *Netri's face goes crimson with rage.* "AHHHHHH!"

Spoof APP [9:26 PM] *Lexa and Netri starts shouting at each other*

Tika APP [9:27 PM] *Tika puts a hand in her forehead.* "Goddess help me."

John APP [10:37 PM] John exhales. "You're welcome, miss, and please don't mind the bird-brain." -.-; John wedges the torch into a handy crevice in the broken wagon, then picks up a package. "We might as well carry as much of these supplies as we can back to town as long as we're out here. Lucky we've got a strong beast to help us. If you would?" John hands packages up to Ponyo's passengers, then finds one he can haul under one arm, retrieves the torch, and sets off back to Kakariko.

Kentas [10:41 AM] Kentas walked over to the wagon pressing his foot against a weakened plank as it bent and snapped away, some embers glowing faintly from the wooden wreck, "It must be the commotion, it wasn't here when I first came to Kakariko, nor when I helped you and Lude get supplies for the potion."

Examining the remains left by the wagon, a few parcels were still salvageable as only the outer packaging was singed with the fire, looking around even further, dried blood coated the grass and abandoned swords laid scattered, "A fight perhaps? But then where did everyone go? Oh well I suppose you are right, let's head back now." Grabbing two smaller packages Kentas fastened them to his rainbow sash along with his scythe before grabbing a burnt lockbox hidden underneath the driver's seat.

The Kokiri grinned before shuffling over to Ponyo, the parcels swaying in the air as they dangle from his back.

Ponyo APP [9:09 PM] Ponyo trots over to the wagon. Ignoring Netri and the fairy arguing.

Tika APP [9:15 PM] Tika hops off of Ponyo and packs what she can on the bull


Tika APP [9:22 PM] "Ok that's enough i think. Let's go back to the village.

Netri [9:24 PM] *Netri's too busy yelling at Lumpy to notice anything*

HYRULE FIELD

Spoof APP [5:38 AM] With the thunderous and thick clouds blocking the sun, movement across Hyrule Field has slowed dramatically. People now only travel for 'emergency' type situations given the inherit dangers that lurk in the shadows...

Which is perhaps why a certain noise or object is drawing more than a few eyeballs. The thundering of hooves can be heard crushing into the earth as a group of six horses race across it. Bound and tethered to each other in groups of two, they drag along a wagon steered by an elderly looking farmer. He sits at the front of the wagon, cracking the reins with fervour. In the back of the carriage? Food and supplies, picked from one of the largest crops available. The destination? The only place he knows where people will be: Kakariko Village.

"Come on you beasts! HYA!" The man cries, cracking the reins once more to try and get every morsel of energy and output from his well raised steeds. Their bodies exude steam in the cool night, their breath clearly visible as they breath hard to try and keep the effort up. They're loud, of that there is little doubt. Easily able to draw the attention of monsters. But given this carriage is being pulled by _six_ animals of lean muscle, it's damn fast. So fast that no monsters can actually catch it! The wheels of the wagon spin wickedly as it flies over small hills and humps.

Unfortunately, the farmer did not anticipate one thing. Sure enough he had calibrated for everything he knew of, but even the best cannot plan for something they are unaware of.

_The Yiga_.

With uncanny aim, a series of kunai knives can be seen in the sky, flickering against the torchlight that sits atop the horse drawn carriage. They zoom into one of the back wheel axels, causing small bits of damage. Given the speeds that the carriage is going at however, the damage is enough for the wheel to collapse in upon itself.

What happens next occurs in just moments. The entire back axel falls to the ground as the respective wheel spins off and away. With all the weight shifting into that direction, the entire cart rolls onto its side! The reins that hold the horses snap against the tension - the bucks running wild into the abyss with panic and fear. The farmer lets out a crying yell as he topples over with the cart. As food goes flying, the thing bucks and skids to a halt with such purpose and noise that even those in Kakariko could likely hear it! The crash is brutally savage. And then? ...all is silent.

For a good minute or so nothing happens. There is no sound; no movement. But then, through some miracle, the old farmer can be seen crawling out from the wreckage of wood and metal. With one arm he hauls himself along the ground, blood streaming down his face. "Damn... you..." He curses, glaring up at the figures who are responsible.

A troupe of Yiga stand before him in dramatic fashion. They are all wearing different sorts of outfits, with one common thread: the logo. That upside-down-eye-in-a-triangle thing is emblazoned upon each of their chests.

"You ran the gauntlet and failed, old man." A male speaks. "...and now the end has come for you. The new King appreciates your bounty of food. It will go down well with his loyal subjects." As the Yiga at the fore of the group raises her sword above her head to perform the coup de grace however, the situation changes.

For you see, someone _did_ hear the cart come down. So great and epic was its crash, that a group of Sheikah, themselves monitoring the quest, had moved in to intervene. They let loose their own ranged weapons: a series of shuriken. With expert precision they are thrown straight for the group of Yiga personnel. They catch one clean, causing her to cry out in pain and surprise.

"Sheikah!" A Yiga hisses. "Prep for combat! Lotus formation! Go!" The farmer on the ground squints to try and make out the battle as best he can. The flame-lit torch that was on his cart had now caught upon the wreckage, causing the whole thing to go up like a bonfire. Yet even with all that light, he can scarcely make out the movements that are happening in the battle before him. "Goodness me. Farore give me strength." He heaves himself onto his side, trying to keep up with what the hell is happening.

It is certainly not the farmer who is at fault though, for the Sheikah and Yiga both move at speeds that simply isn't normal. Through incredible training and strict discipline, their techniques and skills are largely without par. They zip and dash through the air, with naught but a flurry of movements seen occasionally as they pivot on the ground. Shuriken and kunai knives clash together, as do sword and sickles. Occasionally a cry of pain can be heard, as can the sound of flesh being skewered.

Over the next few minutes, the bodies start to fall. The farmer can clearly see troops from both sides falling down to the ground. As more minutes pass he rolls back onto his back, trying to keep conscious. Through the corner of his eye can see just three left: two Sheikah and one Yiga. "Come on," He cheers amidst a gurgle - coughing up some blood and gunk. "Finish it." The Yiga that is left is big. Clearly he was not one of the gerudo foundation recruits! Maybe someone from a recent batch of intakes? Regardless, he stands there holding a hammer (of all things) in his right hand, while the left hand holds nothing.

The two Sheikah remaining breath hard, eyeing the figure in front of them carefully. "All or nothing, Fox." One speaks. That one appears quite injured, with his entire left arm missing. Blood still drips from the wound, though he's used some sort of magic or potion to stop himself from bleeding out. In his right hand he wields a sword. "I never thought I'd die side by side with _you_, Hawk."

"What about side by side with a friend?" Hawk replies. Hawk himself had no weapons left, but all of his limbs were still there! Lifting his hand, he peels back his mask and discards it onto the ground to reveal his face.

Fox, using the one arm he has left, does the same. "That's a corny line that you ripped off, but you're right." Hawk punches his left fist into his right open palm in readiness, while Fox flips his sword about to signal the same.

"Come!" The Yiga commands, a snarling grin flashing across his face.

"Let's teach this loser a lesson, Mossa." The now-revealed Mossa (Fox) twirls his sword about. "Yeah. Let's, Col." The Yiga is the first to move, propelling himself forward at a blistering speed across the ground. The two Sheikah counter by charging forward themselves, Mossa with his sword wielded and Col running at full pelt.

The pair are a blur of motion across the ground as they use all their speed and energy to close in. Just before impact Mossa kicks it up a gear to streak ahead of even Col - disappearing from sight completely before re-appearing after sinking his right shoulder straight into the Yiga!

The Yiga, having completely lost Mossa in such a fast display, opens his mouth to gape widely from the strike. "Kuh--!"

The Yiga goes flying back!

As he just starts to re-gain his momentum, Col is right there to catch him, sending a roundhouse into the hammer-wielding foe. The Yiga ducks and swerves, before sending a thunderous left hook into the Sheikah that catches him square in the gut. Col sails back through the air, though manages to orientate himself just enough to land in a crouch.

While the Yiga attempts to follow-up the offensive, Mossa launches back in to interrupt. Sending a hard heel up and into the Yiga's chin from a crouched like kick, he sends the enemy sky high. And there, waiting for the Yiga at the apex of his height? Col. The Sheikah, with both of his hands raised above his head, brings them down onto the Yiga! "ORIYAAAAA!" He cries out in effort and gusto, sending the Yiga back down into the ground with a crumpling effort. Col lands next to Mossa, the pair of Sheikah panting after their combination of strikes came off. And yet despite such a spiritied effort, The Yiga slowly gets to his feet.

"This guy isn't normal." Col mutters under his breath, just in time for the Yiga to press on to attack!

The exchange then continues for several more rounds, each one ending with either side getting hits and successive strikes. Eventually the farmer, who is watching everything, lapses out of consciousness.

Everything becomes dark... His pain abates...

... "Kuh--!" The old man's eyes snap open as he regains consciousness. The fire is that had caught the cart wreckage is now mostly gone, with only small flames providing a light similar to that of a campfire. Furthermore, the man is now propped up (much to his own surprise) against a rock. As his blue eyes try to dissect his surroundings, they come across the large Yiga. The behemoth figure lays on his side, with the sword that Mossa wielded skewered straight through his neck.

As his gaze wanders, it comes across the two Sheikah. Col is seated there, quite damaged and bruised. In his lap is the body of Mossa, eyes closed. Col sort of cradles him in despair, before glancing up at the old farmer.

"...these are dangerous and strange times." Col speaks, the air and character sucked from his voice. "...fighting creatures of shadow and demons from nightmares. Where only hope can light the way, is there truly a future for us? What hope do we have against such evil?"

The farmer just sort of looks at the Sheikah in stunned silence, noting his wounds have been dressed. He says nothing. What could he say? Col falls back into silence, cradling his fallen friend and burying himself deep in his own thoughts. As the fire begins to spurt and gurgle upon running out of fuel to burn through, the sound of horses can be heard approaching. Coming from a nearby village after being signalled from Col, a group of four horseman canter into the scene. "Darius," The leader commands. "Let's get these poor souls back to a warm hearth with some soup."

The rescue operation is brief and quiet, as all ops in Hyrule Field must be. The surviving sheikah is loaded up onto horseback, along with the old farmer and whatever food and supplies that survived. All in all it only takes minutes, with the horsemen disappearing from the scene just as the fire from the wreckage goes out.

KAKARIKO VILLAGE

Kentas [2:00 PM] Before Kentas could take a step up the staircase an uproar could be heard outside, Kentas immediately called up to his fairy, "Radella we need to go!" As he rushed pass the kitchen he swiftly grasped the handle of the scythe and carried it against his back as he zoomed out the house bumping past Tika accidentally.

He gasped and bowed before looking about, "Sorry! I heard a commotion! What Happened?!" He asked with a worried expression as he stayed alert, his little Kokiri eyes darting around the village as it still filled with fairy lights and dust.

He saw a few groups gaze towards Hyrule field, murmuring amongst themselves before pointing in the direction and then to their ears, _was there some sort of noise that startled them from Hyrule fields?_

He gazed back to Tika, gazing at her intensely as he waited for any information she could give him. Radella caught up to him and hovered over his shoulder, she seemed panicked at Kentas. "W-what is going on?!" She shrieked at her boyish companion.

Tika APP [5:48 PM] Tika didn't even feel when Kentas bumped into her, so distraught was she over the missing Netri. Only coming to her senses when Kentas spoke out to her. "Wha..?" She looked out into the direction of Hyrule field. "I.. I don't know... come Kokiri boy."

Shes started running towards the gate and beckoned him to follow. She really hoped she would find the little girl.

Kentas [8:54 PM] Kentas followed swiftly as his small boots kicked up blades of grass, his presence stuck to the shadow of Tika as they weaved their way towards the growing crowd that stood around the tall gate shielding Kakariko from the fields below.

More mumblings and groans as both Hylian and Fairy gathered around in perplexing manners, their eyes trying to make out anything past the towering cliffs that surrounded the village. Nothing thought what sounded like the echoes of blades clashing and people giving out their feirce warcrys echoed in Kentas' ears, his astute hearing could certainly tell that something was going on, but he couldn't really hear anything other than shouts and metal scraping off each other.

His ear twitched before Radella gave them a good ol' tug, "OI! _EARTH TO KENTAS!_ What is going on?! You are spacing out on us here.." she groaned a reddish tone, still left out of the loop. The small Kokiri rubbed his ear before gazing to Tika once more, he heaved the scythe resting behind him upwards slightly, as the newfound weight pressed against his tunic. "Hey Tika.. what is wrong? You seem down. Is it this commotion?" He gave out a concerned sigh as he stepped closer to her, the crowd almost tightening in as more people barge their way closer to make sense of it all. (edited)

Tika APP [10:37 AM] Tika weaved through the gathering crowd, trying to get to the gate, her only thought, finding the girl in one piece.

She quickened her pace, not so gently nudging hylian and fairy out of her way. The sounds of battle gave her pause near the gate. It couldn't be Netri, the sounds of shouting and warcries were much to masculine to be from a little girl. Losing her composure once more, she held on to the man in front of her to keep balance.

Hearing Kentas' question, she answered weakly. "I.. It's Netri... she's gone.. she's run off somewhere and i can't find her.."

Lexa APP [10:39 AM] One of the fairies Tika pushed away was none other than Lexa. Quite upset at the girl's impolite behaviour she fluttered behind the duo, landing on Kentas' cap when they came to a stop.

"Who's your rude friend Kenta-lentas?"

Kentas [2:30 PM] Kentas merely shifted his pupils the highest the would go to peer up as a tiny weight hugged his cap, "Oh she is just having a hard time right now, please forgive her! This is Tika, and Tika this fairy on my head is Lexa?" He guessed by the voice and the light coming from his hat, Radella then zoomed in front of Lexa before giving her more details in a sympathetic way.

"She is the carer of the Village elder and a little girl named Netri, seems like Netri has disappeared on her. I hope you can understand!" She pleaded to her new friend before turning to Tika, "We will look for her! If she isn't near the village then she could have already met other people to travel with! Do you know where Lude has disappeared to? Maybe she went with him?" She tried saying reassuringly to Tika as she glowed a soft yellow.

Kentas took a proud step forward before knodding gently enough to not shake Lexa, a smirk brimmed on his face, "Of course we will go look for her! Though she is a crafty little knight, she should be fine!"

Kentas gazed upward once more directing his speech to his little passenger, "Hey Lexa. When everything has calmed down here in the village, I want you to take everyone back to the fountain, these are still dangerous times and I would hate to have anything bad happen to you, your friends or _Great Fairy Sayah._" His amber eyes fixated on the mountain as the village stood in its intense shadow. The dark clouds glowed a faint red as they passed over the active crater.

Feeling confident Kentas slipped through the crowd before planting his scythe into the ground in front the gate as he scaled it's metal bars and gazed to the crowd, "People of Kakariko, I will go and check out the commotion, though I am not against any volunteers! Does anyone wish to aid my search?" He shouted in a small yet powerful voice before giving the people a cheeky grin.

Kakariko Refugee\'s APP [4:56 PM] The crowd gazed around, an awkward silence collected after Kentas' question, the grumbles and coughs of those gathered certainly spoke louder than the crickets that could be heard in the grass, adding to this voiceless crowd.

One soldier spoke up from the crowd, maybe it was Ganondorf's Goonie from earlier but the people were certainly hesitant to help god knows what in the fields. _And what if they left?_ Would Ganondorf send a Helmaroc King with an army of Kargaroks after any stragglers that would wandered aimlessly in the darkness?

They were all thinking it as many steps were made, pulling the crowd away from the gate, Kentas' eyes dim and he leaps down from the gate before lifting his scythe from the ground, a chunk off earth falling off as he holds it high above him.

"Very well! I understand. I hope you all look after each other then and keep safe now! I will be back soon~" He tried to sound chipper and reassuring to the crowd as he lights a torch and passes throughh the large metal gates leading out of the village.

John APP [7:07 PM] "Hold up." John makes his way out of the crowd. "You helped me out, it's only fair I return the favor as much as I can." Scruvo gives John a dubious look. "Sure y'don't need t'be gettin' aftah th'wizzrobe? 'E's a fair slog away now, I kin tell ya that." John sighs. "As much as I'd like to, conditions aren't good for chasing him. We'd be dodging monsters the whole way and wouldn't be able to do much if we _did_ catch him. I think the problem this land is facing has to be dealt with first." John trudges up beside Kentas. "...You're not as young as you look, are you?" e.ea

Kentas [7:48 PM] With a cheeky grin he taps his nose and gazes up at John, "Nope. It's a _beauty secret_! Us Kokiri have to look good and youthful!" He teased before gazing down the stairs, the torch beaming down them as the darkness did its best to swallow any light.

He looked back briefly, "We just need to find the commotion and possibly a little girl and we are all good, a small trip and you can get back to wizzrobe hunting!" Kentas said reassuringly as his small boot pressed into the stone step.

Radella fluttered around Kentas and watched Scrivo curiously, her small voice rang out, "I don't like this. This dark magic is very sinister, who knows what we could be walking into!"

Tika APP [12:04 AM] Coming to her senses finally, Tika watched as the Kokiri boy and the man with the guay talked. She remembered him as being the man that spent the night at miss Sayah's house. He hunted a Wizzrobe.

She didn't get his name however.

She pushed closer to the gate and stared at the two as they began their descent down the stairs.

Tika was not a fighter, she would not be of any use at all, in fact she probably would put them at a disadvantage.

She decided she would wish them luck and pray for their safety as she waved at them.

John APP [1:31 PM] John shifts his jaw slightly. "...Kokiri, huh?" Yeah, John's not from around here, in case we haven't mentioned it before. Scruvo's sharp eye spots a movement off to the side. "Oi, Johnny-boy, looks like you've got a lady well-wishah!" :} Scruvo waves a wing enthusiastically. "Nevah fear, lass, Johnny-boy'll defend y'home an' be back in time f'suppah!" ^.^ John wishes he could apologize for Scruvo's behavior without shouting. -.-; He settles for raising a hand in simple acknowledgment to Tika before moving onward.

"I think I'd better go first," John remarks as they descend the steps to the field. "I hope I'm not misjudging you again, but it seems to me I'd have a better chance of withstanding a sudden attack." John draws his sword and walks out in front. "Scruvo, mind giving us a bird's-eye view?" "Right y'are, Johnny-boy," Scruvo says, taking off and scouting the area from above.

Kentas [5:15 AM] Kentas pouted and puffed out his cheeks, he knew this John character would be a reliable fighter, but his unintentional condescending tone really made him feel belittled in his skill.

Gripping tightly to the handle of the scythe, it shifted away from his back, shining brightly with the glow of the torch, "I appreciate your concern, but I can handle myself! We will take turns and watch each others backs ok?" He sounded a little harsh, but his feelings had been hurt and Kentas felt the need to reclaim some kind of respect.

Radella could sense the tension, but knew what John implied as she fluttered between the two, "Well Tika waved us off! Let us confront the commotion!" She implied as the four disappeared down the stairs, the flame growing fainter further down.

HYRULE FIELD

John APP [7:36 PM] John sighs inwardly. -.-; There are two scenarios which could've easily produced Kentas's reaction: he's a midget with defensive combat skills at least as good as John's, or he's a child with the typical naive battle-lust and self-confidence of a developing boy. Both of those scenarios would make him offended if John tried to protect him, one of them would make him dead if John didn't. Considering Kentas survived the earlier expedition after Dorjan, the first scenario might actually be the more likely...but avoiding offense is a small gain for the gamble of risking his life.

Well, in all likelihood John will find out the reality pretty soon. He walks down to the bottom of the steps, sword held ready, and looks around to assess the situation...

Kentas [6:10 AM] Though the group moved ahead in the fields Kentas stayed alert from his few trips through the fields, danger was everywhere now, and he felt the need to ready his scythe in his free hand the torch still firmly gripped in the other small hand of his, the craftsmanship of Torgem felt outstanding in his hands and yet something felt off about the piece. Something not of his intent.

After a few more yards the sound of crackling and hissing could be heard, though no flames or intimidating presences could be felt. Kentas gave a glance to John and casually spoke to him, still a little urked by his remark.

"Hey John, did you hear that sound just now?" He asked with a slightly curious tone, holding back all his weight Kentas tried to swiftly climb through the grass like @Melkibren taught him, he rolled his feet and his weight, becoming silent with his steps as to give a chance for more sounds to call out to them.

It was a peculiar sound, and the Kokiri could only think of scenario after scenario; _Was it a snake? Was it some sort of ghost or spectral being? Was it a dying flame? Or maybe the sound of something else dying?_ His thoughts wandered before Radella gave him a tug on his ear, lightly twinkling in his eardrum, "I can't feel anything.. but stay alert."

John APP [8:45 PM] John stops and nods. "I heard it." There are lots of calculated risks involved when dealing with unknown dangers. Stopping when you get a hint of a possible hazard runs the risk of making you a stationary target, but it prevents you from stepping into a trap, and if your adversary has no way of attacking at range, it forces them to make a move if they want to assault you. Under the circumstances, John thinks it best to become the bait that might draw out the enemy while Kentas uses his small size to move in concealment. "Watch my rear, Scruvo," John calls out to the bird circling above.

Kentas [9:05 PM] Kentas crept low and became one with the grass, his greenish apparel helped him disappear, along with the darkness, Radella took this sign as she slipped away under his hat. Kentas had planted the torch into the ground away from some taller grass, so that should they need to inspect anything, their faint torch was still alight.. just a little ways away.

Kentas sank down low, gravity pulling him close to the blades of grass, the smell of the fresh particles as he moved through them, his eyes adjusted to the enclosing darkness, but he could still track John though he might not be able to tell what he was doing ahead of him in the dark as his silhouette nearly disappearing into the night from time to time.

His hands wrapped around the pole of his Scythe, steadying himself and yet preparing for any threats that shuffled in this eclipse, how long has it been since there was sunlight? The very thought brought Kentas' mood down as he continued his prowl behind John.

John APP [7:37 PM] John looks around for a full minute, patiently assessing the situation. Nothing is attacking them yet, and nothing is giving itself away. "Seems clear from up heah, Johnny-boy," Scruvo reports. John nods, then walks over to where Kentas left his torch. He picks it up and lifts it high to provide maximum illumination to the area around them. "I think we'd better move on." John treads carefully along, waving the point of his sword through the grass before him.

Kentas [8:32 AM] Kentas creeps beside John, making his presence known so that he didn't get startled, the way he raised the torch was cool to Kentas, maybe it was cause he was so small?

As he raised it and let the fire shine out, Kentas gazed around scoping out their perimeter, he shuffled through the grass going more towards the bridge leading across the river.

His eyes darting from each side, watching for any monsters that could be marching about, "I wonder what that sound was... Couldn't be too far from the Village right?" he asked subtly to John.

John APP [7:43 PM] John shrugs as they walk along. "Hard to say for sure, sound can carry quite a ways on mostly-flat fields like -- "

Just then there is a BLOOD-CHILLING SCREECH as a club-wielding lizalfos LEAPS FROM THE GRASS TO AMBUSH JOHN!!! >E

...And falls flat on its chin. x.x Maybe its leg fell asleep while it lay here camouflaged waiting for somebody to wander near. John startles and lowers the torch, then stops as he realizes he could turn the grassy area into a fire-trap if he's not careful. >.<; He makes an awkward chop with his sword down at the monster splayed in front of him, but he'll be surprised if it doesn't recover first thanks to his hesitation.

Meanwhile, a sharp caw comes from above. "Crikey, watch y'back lil' tyke!" A whirring sound approaches Kentas fast from behind, another lizalfos having popped up and thrown a sharp metal boomerang at him.

KAKARIKO

Lexa APP [7:54 PM] Lexa lands on Tika's shoulder. "Hello rude lady. Aren't you gonna go with them?"

Tika APP [8:04 PM] "Oh no no no. I'm not adventurers like them!" Tika shakes her head, embarrassed.

Lexa APP [8:06 PM] "Pffttt! So? I'll come with ya, it'll be fine! We might even find Neppi."

Tika APP [8:08 PM] "it's Netri and i'm not so sure it's safe for those ill-equipped for battle..."

Lexa APP [8:10 PM] "All the more reason we should go then! What about Neppi? I doubt she's a strong warrior either." Lexa floats off of Tika and tugs at her to go.

Tika APP [8:45 PM] "It's Netri. Not Neppi." Tika starts following Lexa. "Well i suppose you might be right..."

HYRULE FIELD

Tika APP [10:01 PM] Tika follows the fairy down the stairs to find Kentas and John in the midst of battle. "Oh no!" Tika says shaking her head.

Lexa APP [10:02 PM] "Lets go rude Tika! We can take 'em!"

Tika APP [10:03 PM] "I don't know about this..." Tika despite her objections follow Lexa to the fight.

Kentas [4:59 AM] The blade fly's towards Kentas, spinning wildly in the air, it looked closer than it was as Kentas barely ducked and it zoomed away before curling back to the Lizalfos'. It glaring at Kentas before preparing for Kentas to retaliate to it.

Kentas [6:50 PM] Kentas scowled at the Lizalfos, how dare it just attack like that and with a boomerang at that! Using this opportunity to try his new weapon, Kentas dashes through the grass, trying to keep low and out of sight till he was a few feet away.

Swinging harshly at the Lizalfos, Kentas didn't expect any kind of block, especially with its unusual weapon, however.. the Lizalfos let's on more than it shows as it skillfully hooks its bladed boomerang against Kentas' scythe before pushing him away and making some ground between them.

Tika APP [8:10 PM] Tika uses "pep talk on Kentas! He will generate +1 extra mana at the end of his turn. "You can do it Kokiri boy!"

Lexa APP [8:14 PM] Lexa uses "glow" Lexa floats over to Lizalfos 2 and glows brightly! -1 to his attack and defence roll! "Told ya we can take 'em Tika!"

John APP [9:21 PM] The first lizalfos swivels its eye up to look at the blade descending toward its head. u.c Without getting up, it raises its club, halting the sword with a clang. It then rallies and bull-rushes John with its horn. Meanwhile, the second lizalfos opens its maw wide, in a very obvious and rather slow fashion, then shoots its tongue out at Kentas.

John manages to vault over the rushing lizalfos and roll down its curved back. Hah, the lizalfos isn't the only one who can makes a smooth recovery. >) Spinning around, John raises his sword and -- falters AGAIN on seeing the girl from town nearby! x.x "What're you doing here!?" John cries out incredulously, managing a decent, though very delayed, diagonal stroke at the monster. Is _every_ seemingly vulnerable person a secret swashbuckler in this country?!

Kentas [1:28 PM] Kentas could hear Tika's voice behind him, the cheer made him feel electrified and energised as he looked towards his for who nastily spit his tongue in Kentas' direction.

Barely deflecting the high speed tongue, The Kokiri Boy closed the distance between them before glaring at the Lizalfos. It was hard to spot any vital points in its guard due to the darkness, but going on a hunch Kentas dashes for the beast, his new Scythe ready to reap it's first victim!

_step Step STEP_ Kentas is a few feet away from the Lizalfos as he readies his strike behind him, launching a massive arc as the blade zooms past the Lizalfos attempt at defence with its boomerang. Hooking past the curve slides between its armor and impales the beast before it bursts into smoke and flames, the remnants of it sitting at the little boys boots.

Kentas can only grin with delight as he feels his experience with his dagger and all his lessons are paying off!

Spoof APP [10:31 PM] The first lizalfos scuttles away into the long grass, avoiding John's sword. Realizing that it's now alone in the fight against these humans, it changes its skin color and goes to ground. The reptilian instincts in its brain briefly clamor for escape, but those impulses are silenced by the sorcerous dominion that compels it to attack its king's enemies. They are replaced by cold calculation of how to inflict the greatest possible damage with its very likely limited remaining time. It slithers in brief spurts through the grass, zig-zagging to throw off attempts to pinpoint its location. Suddenly it leaps out with a snarl, swinging its club down at Tika!

John APP [10:58 PM] John gives Kentas a quick hard grin as the other lizalfos goes down. For some reason he has a brief vision of himself operating some bizarre light-spitting cannon in a ship amongst the stars, pausing briefly to shout out, "Great, kid! Don't get cocky!"

Blinking back to reality, John studies the pattern of spasms in the grass, preparing to fend off the next attempt on his life...and suddenly realizes that *he is not the most likely target.* #.# Galvanized by the threat against someone else, John streaks across the field, reversing his grip on his sword as he runs. He skids to a halt between Tika and the descending lizalfos, blocking the club stroke with the blade braced against his forearm. "Kentas! Get it!" >.<

Kentas [3:57 PM] Kentas could see John moving swiftly after his opponent disappeared into the darkness, going for Tika in a cowardly manner. As John bravely steps in to save the damsel and asks Kentas to kill it, the small Kokiri boy makes a grand leap into the air.

His scythe propped all the way back to bring down with some force and speed, however as much as it's arms are occupied with John, it's tail swings in a technical manner, smacking the side of the blade with the base of its take before the tip whips at Kentas' tunic. The momentum throwing Kentas a little bit back making room again between him, John and the Lizalfos.

Radella flutters near by Kentas almost in shock at the beast, "How?! That should have been a clean kill Kentas! _Watch Out!_" She said in an almost annoying yet memorable tone as the Lizalfos readies itself.

Spoof APP [4:47 PM] Some creatures almost seem to have separate brains for different parts of their bodies. While the main control center of the lizalfos is blindly raging at John for interrupting its best shot at doing some actual damage before it dies, its tail is deftly fending off Kentas. Regaining a bit of clearness to its thoughts, the lizalfos jumps back and pants while trying to figure out what to do now that its enemies have gathered against it. Again as though acting from some secondary decision-making process, its tongue shoots from its open mouth at John.

John APP [5:18 PM] John holds his sword up again to absorb the impact of the lizalfos's tongue. The bulbous end of the tongue wraps slightly around the blade and sticks to John's coat sleeve. John leans forward and hops lightly, allowing the retracting tongue to yank him toward the reptile. He shoves the horizontal line of sharp metal toward the gaping maw and jerks it sideways to cut whatever it comes into contact with.

Kentas [2:57 PM] As John was pulled to it and engaged the Lizalfos Kentas kept an eye on the lizard as it craftily dodged John's strategic assault, seeing as how he put alot of effort into his last strike, Kentas nimbly kept to its blind spot before getting close enough to strike again, but went for a simple swing at the beasts back as it was tangled with John.

The blade had not alot of force behind it, nor did he prepare for the beasts scales as his blade nipped the back of the Lizalfos before bouncing back, just leaving a small cut to the lizard's right side.

Spoof APP [3:15 PM] The lizalfos manages to flick its tongue sideways in time to throw John's sword arm off course. Then it feels a sting in its flank. >.< There must be quite a lot of conflicting signals firing off in the lizalfos's synapses. It wants to run, to disappear into the grasses that offer it sanctuary, to licks its wound and live to hunt another day. But all of that is blocked and redirected into a desperate fury. The lizalfos snaps around and swings its club at Kentas's head.

John APP [3:30 PM] Victory is within sight, but John would certainly like to minimize casualties. He leaps up, brings the torch together with the handle of his sword so that he can grip both of them in two hands, and drives the point down toward the monster's back.

Kentas [8:31 PM] As the Lizalfos aimed it's club for Kentas, his little amber eyes made out the gesture before the beast even threw it, it's arm tensed up and it began to twist awkwardly and furiously away from John, it was a perfect opportunity for John as well as Kentas swiftly dodged the club with a simple roll across the grass.

John didn't waste any time and drove his sword into the back of the beast, it staggered slightly, trying to gauge what just happened before slowly staring at Kentas. The Kokiri gave a poor swing at the beast merely chipping it's torso like it did with its back, but it didn't matter in the end as it became limp a few moments after and burst into smoke as well as it's friend from earlier.

Kentas looked to John as the smoke cleared and gave him a small nod before turning to Tika and Lexa, stepping through the grass to get closer, "I wasn't expecting you to follow us Tika!.. unless. Was this your idea _Lexa?_" He said the fairies name with a harsh tone before holstering the Scythe behind him with one arm, holding it in place.

Lexa APP [9:04 AM] Lexa floats in circles around Kentas. "My idea? Pfftt no! It was all Tika! Look at her, look at that battle hardened stare." Lexa points at a clearly frazzled Tika.

Tika APP [9:05 AM] "I... Uhhh.. Hmm.."

Spoof APP [9:05 AM] NETRI JOINS THE BATTLE!!

Netri [9:06 AM] Netri, riding her trusty steed Ponyo charges into the field yelling and with her sword and rocky man shield drawn high.

Tika APP [9:08 AM] "You can calm down now everything is over." "You are in big trouble by the way naughty girl."

Netri [9:09 AM] "Awwwwww" Netri, disappointed she didn't get to fight a lizard or even see one eat somebody slumps down on Ponyo's back and starts moping.

Kentas [2:57 PM] Kentas grinned at Netri's behaviour before nudging Tika with his elbow, "I know you wouldn't have charged here by yourself. I bet Lexa pressured you." He spoke reassuringly before walking to Ponyo and Netri, a Lizalfos' bone in hand.

Climbing up slightly Kentas offered it casually to Netri, "Hey! You can have this for helping us out! You and Ponyo have scared away the rest of those Lizard's!" As the Kokiri tried to comfort the girl, his vision caught something in the dark. He squinted, trying his best to peer through the dark before looking at the vague shape.

"Hey John. What is over there?!" He asked curiously before hoping down and making his way over, the shape looked unclear but at first it looked like some kind of wagon.

Netri [8:43 PM] Netiri smirks and does a fist pump. "I bet i did. I am a strong and brave knight after all." Netri took the lizard bone and gave it to Ponyo but he gave it back to her, apparently bulls don't like bones.

Tika APP [8:45 PM] Tika hops on Ponyo and pinches Netri's cheek. "Don't run off like that ever again! I was very worried about you."

John APP [8:55 PM] John straightens up as the lizalfos goes poof, then holds the torch aloft to look around. No more immediately noticeable threats...not that that's a _guarantee_ with how good lizalfos are at hiding, but if there were any more nearby they probably would have joined the fight while they had numbers on their side.

John guardedly sheaths his sword, then turns to the conversation happening nearby. He feels a tiny part of his mind starting to come unhinged at the casual nature of the exchange...and another part suddenly wonders if this is how the Duke felt. But no, it's a pretty different scenario. The Duke was mad at John for disobeying orders even though it turned out to be smart. John never gave anybody any orders, he's just frustrated at the lack of COMMON SENSE in a dangerous state of affairs. >.<;

Speaking of lacking common sense... "Bonzah show, mates!" Scruvo squawks, swooping down and landing on John's shoulder. "That bit where ya swept in an' stopped th'lizahd from hurtin' th'lass was grade-A gold! Say, ain't this th'part where th'fair damsel gives th'hero a k--" John clamps Scruvo's beak shut. e.e "Okay, I'm glad nobody got hurt, but it's still not safe out here. We should get everyone back to town and--"

And then the objective of the little outing, though nobody knew it would take this form, is spotted. John walks slowly over to the battered and burned wreckage. He puts a hand on the wood. "...Still a little warm. I think this is where we heard the commotion from."

Tika APP [9:02 PM] *Tika goes red faced.* " I.. Oh my.. Ahem.. Th.. Thank you for helping me." *Tika hides her face in her hands.*

Netri [9:04 PM] *Netri points at John.* "YOU'RE A PERV! A BIG SMELLY PERV! DUMMYHEAD PERV GROSS MAN!" *Netri crosses her arms.*

Lexa APP [9:05 PM] *Lexa floats toward Tika and Netri.* "Come now, i don't think he's a perv." "His guay definitely is though."

Netri [9:06 PM] "Mmhmm" Netri nods, arms still crossed.

Lexa APP [9:10 PM] Lexa lands on Netri's head. "So who are you? Are you the Neppy Tika was looking for?" "I'm Lexa. Nice to meet you."

Netri [9:15 PM] "Neppy! I'm not Neppy! I'm Netri, dummyhead fairy." "You got that _Lumpy?_" "Your name is Lumpy now."

Lexa APP [9:17 PM] "Ack! _LUMPY!_" *Lexa flies toward Tika* "What a rude child. I don't know why you were worried about _her._"

Tika APP [9:19 PM] "Now Netri, be nice."

Netri [9:21 PM] "Nuh uh! Tell _Lumpy_ to be nice first!" *Netri starts pouting*

Lexa APP [9:23 PM] *Lexa folds her arms* "You sure are acting like a Neppy right now.."

Netri [9:25 PM] *Netri's face goes crimson with rage.* "AHHHHHH!"

Spoof APP [9:26 PM] *Lexa and Netri starts shouting at each other*

Tika APP [9:27 PM] *Tika puts a hand in her forehead.* "Goddess help me."

John APP [10:37 PM] John exhales. "You're welcome, miss, and please don't mind the bird-brain." -.-; John wedges the torch into a handy crevice in the broken wagon, then picks up a package. "We might as well carry as much of these supplies as we can back to town as long as we're out here. Lucky we've got a strong beast to help us. If you would?" John hands packages up to Ponyo's passengers, then finds one he can haul under one arm, retrieves the torch, and sets off back to Kakariko.

Kentas [10:41 AM] Kentas walked over to the wagon pressing his foot against a weakened plank as it bent and snapped away, some embers glowing faintly from the wooden wreck, "It must be the commotion, it wasn't here when I first came to Kakariko, nor when I helped you and Lude get supplies for the potion."

Examining the remains left by the wagon, a few parcels were still salvageable as only the outer packaging was singed with the fire, looking around even further, dried blood coated the grass and abandoned swords laid scattered, "A fight perhaps? But then where did everyone go? Oh well I suppose you are right, let's head back now." Grabbing two smaller packages Kentas fastened them to his rainbow sash along with his scythe before grabbing a burnt lockbox hidden underneath the driver's seat.

The Kokiri grinned before shuffling over to Ponyo, the parcels swaying in the air as they dangle from his back.

Ponyo APP [9:09 PM] Ponyo trots over to the wagon. Ignoring Netri and the fairy arguing.

Tika APP [9:15 PM] Tika hops off of Ponyo and packs what she can on the bull


Tika APP [9:22 PM] "Ok that's enough i think. Let's go back to the village.

Netri [9:24 PM] *Netri's too busy yelling at Lumpy to notice anything*